Clowns

Discussion in 'New Members' started by rudivh, 3 May 2010.

1. rudivh

rudivh

Is it normal for clowns to go a bit crazy when you put off the lights? I had the lights on last night but as soon as i switch it off the fish start swimming around like crazy and if i put it on again they are relaxed again. It was their first day in the tank, so i dont know if they must just get used to the environment first.....

Please advise.....

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anemone

Anemone

It is normal, and not just with clownfish. They may calm down a bit once they are used to the tank. It is natural for them to hide from predators at night, so they are probably frantically looking for a hiding place.

All of my fish (except my seahorses) quickly go to their night time hiding place when the lights go off. My clownfish slam right into their anemone. And, no…I’m not recommending you run out and buy an anemone. They will be fine without one.

4. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hey there rudi ... Also try getting a lower wattage light than what you have then put your tanks lights off and leave the lower wattage for a few minutes longer to simulate the sun going down .... you can also try leaving the room lights on for a few more minutes after the lower wattage lights go off ... Remember in real life the sun doesn't pop suddenly in and out of the sky so one must also try to do this with the tank so as not to "shock" the livestock with lights.... You can try various wattages going off and on trying to simulate the sun rising and setting...

5. Boegie

Boegie

Nice tip Chikaboo.

Recent Posts