Clowns 50lt nano

they look like the pic below, except mine dont come with aptasia. And the frag you get will only have max 5 heads.

View attachment 126631

Thanx - I will take a frag. Thanx for the offer. You are always a good friend.

Looking great martin. Love the scape and a great little tank! Good luck straightening out your parameters, and will get my xenia to grow nicely in the interim ;-)

On a side note with your filtration. If you have purigen then I wouldnt add chemipure - they both do much the same thing (although I've heard chemipure is better than purigen, but not reusable). Rather get yourself phosban or something?

Thanx - It is just my PH I want to get up there and Nitrates down a bit.

I got purigin in the tank.

I dont think it will take long straightening the parameters.

Im going to get some micro-overnight bacteria to help with the nitrates a bit.

What salt are you using? It should say on the bucket/box what the pH of the salt mix will be as most reputable brands/good quality salts give the water parameters if freshly mixed.

Tobes -

Salt mix - Name: Red Sea coral reef salt.
It show PH on SG 1025 - Ph 8.20 - 8.30

Tobes -

Salt mix - Name: Red Sea coral reef salt.
It show PH on SG 1025 - Ph 8.20 - 8.30

In that case, I think the pH was measured inaccurately. Rather double check before you attempt to raise it. Meaning if it was right the whole time you might just make it worst by trying to correct it.
As far as I know, something seriously must go wrong or out of wack for the pH to drop from 8.2 to 7.3 - that is one hell of a frop. Arragonite and coral skeletons, etc will start to dissolve at a pH lower than 7. Most marine creatures won't even survive that pH, so do yourself a favour and double check it ;)

Two nice links for you regarding pH

High pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Low pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

If you click on the link it sometimes says "404 not found" or something like that. Just close and click it again until it opens - maybe some hectic traffic or broken server :whistling:

In that case, I think the pH was measured inaccurately. Rather double check before you attempt to raise it. Meaning if it was right the whole time you might just make it worst by trying to correct it.
As far as I know, something seriously must go wrong or out of wack for the pH to drop from 8.2 to 7.3 - that is one hell of a frop. Arragonite and coral skeletons, etc will start to dissolve at a pH lower than 7. Most marine creatures won't even survive that pH, so do yourself a favour and double check it ;)

Two nice links for you regarding pH

High pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Low pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Thanx - Will doulbe test once I get a change.

Maybe Elite tester is out.

Thanx for the info

Hi All,

I tested my water this week-end.

PH 8.50
ALKILINITY 13
NITRATE - BETWEEN 5 -10 MG/L
Calcium - between 450 - 500
SG 1.026.

I bought a small maroon clown with some nice pattern work.

I am letting the skimmer start working and will let it run for 3 day then I ' am going to go and collect my maroon clown and add it in. I will send pics once I added him in.

If 459b polybs is ready then I will added it also this week.

I dont want to load to fast bioload to water so that the Amoniac wont spike.

In a month time I will and my second fish and a shrimp.

Cant wait to collect the clown on wendsday.

I am collecting my maroon clown at 17h30 and I will send a pic once clown is in the tank.

Cant wait.

My wife is calling it "MOEGGOE" :lol:

congrats with moegoe!

Thanx Mandarinman.

He stayed last night at the back of the tank under the wave maker as he was nervous with his new home.

This morning he was in the front bottom of the tank swimming in one spot against the flow.
I could not take a nice pick as it is still nervous so when he is feeling secure I will send better pics.

I also added some frogspawn last night. They are still sulking a bit and once they fully open I will post new pics.

18534d4a52c38996e.jpg

18534d4a538f5859a.jpg

18534d4a554daff30.jpg

let me know what afternoon you are going past the shop and i will drop a candycane off for you

hey buddy the tanks look laka man!! The scaping is awsum!! The maroon looks like one happy little fish!! Hopefully he takes kindley to new friends!! hahaha!!

hey buddy the tanks look laka man!! The scaping is awsum!! The maroon looks like one happy little fish!! Hopefully he takes kindley to new friends!! hahaha!!

Thanx man ;)

Hopefully he does as he is still small and will get next month another friend for him (6 liner wrass).

let me know what afternoon you are going past the shop and i will drop a candycane off for you

Thanx friend. :yeahdude:
Im looking at Saturday to test water and get some RO water.
I will be there about 12h30.

HI ALL,

Time for an update.
Since my last update the clown died and the frogspawn died.
I think the bacteria were not good enough to support live.

Since then I added a Mollie to help that proces and after 3 weeks it died and i left the body in the tank for the bacteria to feed on and to do another mini cycle as you know when I fish dies then you get a spike.

After 3 weeks of cycle I added a blue Devil Damsel (eat like a pig) to help with the bacteria growth and tank to stay stable.
Damsel is going for it's forth week in the tank (YEAH).
My corals that 459b is looking after for me, I will add when I sell the damsel to add the fish in what I want. Damsel is making landscaping his job as there is sand all over and this might kill the corals. I want to add this week-end some snail and shrimps if I can get.

Below are some pics - (pictures is taken after I did a water change)

18534dc8e67d5de7c.gif

18534dc8e737d9f7a.gif

18534dc8e81b8cddf.gif

18534dc8e8bde8015.gif

18534dc8e976d92ba.gif

HI,

I went and got friday a common clown and a clearner shrimp.

I am going to get later a bio colour blenny and a fire shrimp and some hermits and tubo snails.

See pics below.

PS* shrimp molded off his old skin.

18534dd0da257447b.gif

18534dd0db79674f2.gif

18534dd0de47065e1.gif

18534dd0e0c377d55.gif

18534dd0e1c465b87.gif

dont rush to put more livestock in tank because you will cause another ammonia spike resulting in deaths again. ps dont dose anything like prime into your tank at this time as it will mess up the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom