Clownfish

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by vincentputter, 6 Jun 2012.

1. vincentputter

vincentputter I love Nayn cat!

Hey guys! Can any one tell me what Is the difference between a True and a False Percula and witch one Is best for a 63l tank? Google Is useless!

I know that the false Percula's adult size is smaller but Is there anything ells like behavior, eating habits, hosting patterns, "hardy-ness", color, etc?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. BugMan

BugMan

Tagging...
    would also like to know...

4. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

To my knowledge (and I hope I'm correct)...the true perc is more expensive (around R240 each),they have thick black markings on them,so thick that in the middle of their bodies it seems like a black patch.....the normal perc is bright orange with deep black but without the patch in the middle and sells for around 100-120 depending on the store...then there's the ocellaris,the orange is not that bright and the black stripes aint that thick...although I have seen some that look like a cross between the normal perc and the ocellaris...in my ipinion the ocellaris is hardier and easier ti feed and keep..hope this helps..

5. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Tank bred ocellaris would probably be way easier to keep than wild caught clowns,a lot of shops stock tank bred ones...as far as hosting I think the tank breds are a bit dumb with that until they much older,certain clowns only host certain anemones...I'm not too sure on which for which but I'm sure google or somebody on this forum could help with that...or maybe @belindamotion could post a link that shows which clowns for which nennies

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Tank bred ocellaris would probably be way easier to keep than wild caught clowns,a lot of shops stock tank bred ones...as far as hosting I think the tank breds are a bit dumb with that until they much older,certain clowns only host certain anemones...I'm not too sure on which for which but I'm sure google or somebody on this forum could help with that...or maybe @belindamotion could post a link that shows which clowns for which nennies

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
    vincentputter likes this.
  7. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Yip...not much Info on the Web except the standard description...I do the eye thing...:blush:

True....
    False.....
    True VS False Percula Clownfishes - How Can You Tell Which is Which?

True Percula clown vs False Percula clown - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Ocellaris clownfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Percula clownfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
    vincentputter likes this.
  8. bazz

bazz

9. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

"One can differentiate between Percula (true) and Ocellaris (false) by their respective colors and patterns. Ocellaris are usually less vibrantly colored, and have 11 dorsal fin-spines instead of 10, as on the Percula. Also, the species have different eye arrangements: Percula have bright orange irises, making their eyes appear smaller, whereas Ocellaris have grey/orange irises which make the species eyes appear bigger." quote from Wikipedia.

Recent Posts