Clownfish gone green

Lowflyer

Clownfish
Reaction score
Hey guys, my biggest tomato clown is having a bit of a green belly at the moment. Seems very healthy and she's still territorial as ever. What could this be? PS, it's only her belly that is going a bit green.

Lowflyer

Clownfish
Reaction score
She's about 4-5cm hey, her belly is quite a bit bigger than the other one's, he's quite a small bugger with no extra weight. She's a bit bigger than the male

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Well 5cm is quite far off adult size of 14cm, so maybe something else

Lowflyer

Clownfish
Reaction score
Ok, well, seems very healthy. Should I try putting a smooth surfaced object next the anem? Like an open oyster shell my dad found, it is quite a large shell so could work. See if they spawn?

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Ok, well, seems very healthy. Should I try putting a smooth surfaced object next the anem? Like an open oyster shell my dad found, it is quite a large shell so could work. See if they spawn?
Why not, sounds cool

Lowflyer

Clownfish
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is too difficult to entice her close enough and to stay in a position that you can see it, and I doubt very much that it'll come out on camera, maybe if it gets greener then I will try catching a pic, but for now I have placed the oyster shell next to the anem. Let's see what happens. Although I doubt anything will happen so soon.