Clown Trigger

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by ZeroCool, 24 Feb 2012.

1. ZeroCool

ZeroCool

Morning Guys ...

Clown Triggers ... what do they normally eat ?

I am considering buying one ... but i have hermits and snails, and i am worried about my tube anenemies and tube worms ...

any advice ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Hey Cool, I feed my guys a piece mussel which is shared with my tangs + mysis, brine & flakes in the morning and pellets/flakes in the afternoon. You won't have a problem with the hermits or snails so long as he's fed well IMO. The tube anemone will be fine but not so sure about the tube worm...

4. Achilles

Achilles

they may eat many motile invertebrates,-snails, shrimps (even cleaners sometimes), crabs even hermits so your tubeworm maybe at risk they usually will not touch anemones though

Broder likes this.
  5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

mmm, i love my tube worms ....

6. crispin

crispin

i think it depends largely on the fish and in this case you can get a fairly detailed understanding of the fishes personality. that clown trigger is a beautiful FAT fish, id sacrifice a few tube worms (or put them in a nano) for a fish like that

Broder likes this.
  7. Broder

Broder Mudshark

I agree with Crispy. An informed aquarist will decide as he/she grows in the hobby, what it is that they like. It may be the static display of colourful corals and inverts, or it may be the dynamic beauty of some graceful and interesting fish in a reef setting that motivate us to make our selection. Some of us are lucky enough to be able catch our intended fish selection in our own back yard and will select accordingly. The bottom line is that sacrifices will be made one way or the other. The lesson is, research as much as possible from the outset to prevent spending too much on expensive compromises.

8. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Thread Starter

What you saying mudshark is 100% spot on ! Learned this in another way, got a toby ... from HELL !

Recent Posts