clown tomato

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by badbiker, 13 Jun 2010.

1. badbiker

badbiker

Hi

Few days back my clown tomato had clouded eye so I admit it in hospital for two days with copper treatment. after two days I saw some whit spots on the skin but clouded eye was cured fully so can any expert help me to know what are the whit spots on the skin and is it ok to take it back to main tank. The fish acting normal eating & playing .

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trev

Trev

Sounds strange but here is a few questions for you, what is the salinaty of the water in the hospital tank, could you possibly post a picture.

BTW cloudy eye is mostly due to bad water quality so check you water parameters also cloudy eye's isnt really a reason to remove a fish from your display as good feeding and good water will see it off within a week or so, maybe next time leave the hopital tank for more serious issues.

Trev

4. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

Lots of reefers cures cloudy eyes with medication. But what is the reason that the fish became the cloudy eye in the first place?
    Cloudy eyes show up in poor water quality.
    No need for medication. Do a few water changes to improve water quality and the the eye will be normal again. If you cure the cloudy eye in a QT and after the eye is normal, you probably put the fish back into the DT. The chance is high, that the eye turns cloudy again. The water quality in my growout system is always poor, so cloudy eyes or pop eyes show up once in a while. I change water and it becomes normal again.
    The white spots can be anything. Without a good picture, difficult to give advice.

5. LuckyFish

I almost agree fully. Trevor, water quality can't be detected by measuring the water parameter. The parameter can be spot on and the water is still dirty.
    I reckon the water is slightly yellow. Take a white ceramic plate and submerge it half
    way into the tank. The plate in the water should be white like the other dry half outside the water. If not, do a water change.

6. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

salinaty of the water
    ammonia
    nitrite
    nitrate
    ph
    So I think no problem with parameters what about water qualtity TREV ???can you explain

7. LuckyFish

There is a problem. You should not have any ammonia readings.
    And as I explained earlier, all parameter can be spot on and your water is still dirty!

8. Trev

Trev

Yeah I note the amonia level but I doubt wether this is the cuase as Luckyfish says it could also be things pressent in the water which we dont test for so maybe just start with some water changes like 25 % weekly for the next 4 weeks, but also what is the water you are using for changes is it salt mix or NSW?

BTW sorry dude but I have to ask why BadBiker ???????? did you fall ?????

Trev

9. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

BTW sorry dude but I have to ask why BadBiker ???????? did you fall ?????

loooll I didn't fall.....simply I cant drive bikes

sad news>>> my clown fish is dead> last two months I started this hobby I lost 6 fishes and 4 corals but still have two damsels which I bought them 2nd day of my new tank.

the water which I use is RO

and the salt is red coral. I tested the salt so got 0 nitrite 0nitrate 0 ammonia

guys there is some problem which I am unable to figure out help me pls

Last edited: 13 Jun 2010
  10. Trev

Trev

Ok lets try and fix your issues . First thing tell more about your tank how you started whats inn your tank, whats inn your sump? what skimmer and what type of water you are using

Dude the first thing that worries me is you say you bought damsels on the 2nd day your tank was running? please explain

Trev

Sorry to hear about the clown

11. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

well I got 600L tank with 50kg liverock in it. Have sump with 3chambers 1st for skimmer haqos 600 with some ceramic rings. than 2nd chamber has DSB(38*38)with 15cm depth than last one for return pump .recently fixed ATS today saw some algae growing on screen.

Dude the first thing that worries me is you say you bought damsels on the 2nd day your tank was running? please explain

When I started my tank cycle on 2nd day of water cycle I added 2 damsels.

12. Trev

Trev

Ok how long has the tank been running ?

Are you using NSW or salt mix ?

13. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

salt mix

14. Trev

Trev

Ok and how long has the tank been running? Im starting to get the idea that the death of your fish is more likely cause by a disease present in your system as I dont see anything major wrong with your settup and exepting the slightyly high amonia levels the rest are not off enough to be cuasing fish to die.

15. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

well my tank is running from last two months. And If your expecting some kind of disease in my tank so it is like to start every thing from the beginning:( by the way I keep UV on for 8 hours a day what you say about it.

16. Trev

Trev

Shaw man that would make the chances of diseas even less. what livestock is inn there now?

17. badbiker

badbiker Thread Starter

having cured fiji liverocks.What bothers me is nitrate which is around 30ppm so it could be the reason for my livestock losing

18. Trev

Trev

No thats not it fish are very tolorant of nitrate you would be surprised to see the levels in some establish tanks

19. chas84

chas84

Hi bad biker. I was just wondering, when you mix a new batch of salt water, do you add it to your tank right away or do you leave it in a container circulating overnight?

20. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Why make and size of UV sterilizer are you using?
    What kind of flow rate is running through it?

Besides the answers above, if you do have a type of disease in the tank, its best to run the UV 24/7.

Recent Posts