Clown hosting pics

I thought you said "lets see pictures of what your clowns host in"
Not what coral ate my clown.:whistling:

Some very nice pics, you got to love clowns.:biggrinjester:
Thats actually two lobes on the brain and the indentation is how he worms himself in and out.:biggrin: And I must add, you would hide too if you saw Vipers face through the glass:whistling:

But you right gotto love them:biggrinjester:

My ocellaris hosting my frogspawn ;)

55547bc8ab92f94a.jpg

55547bc8aba27883.jpg

55547bc8ab8ab1cc.jpg

Matt, that is wicked and that spawn should get quite big, nice home for your clowns. You know that you have a breeding pair ?

Lekker Matt, that frogspawn will grow around them :thumbup:

Warr: well the one was constantly twitching when the other showed a bit of aggression, so I assumed they've paired. The one is definitely dominant and the other is submissive, so here's hoping! :thumbup:

Today the female was also twitching, these are funny fish ;)

The smaller one is the one with the bacterial infection on his mouth, treated with myxazin, stopped treating on sunday and he's 90% better. Going to leave him and hope it gets sorted. ;)

I've noticed the one head of my frogspawn has loooooooooong tentacles, whereas the other heads don't. What is this from?

Common clown and Tridacna squamosa

11247bc71a09efbc.jpg

This boykie's been BACK with me since early 2006.
BEFORE that my friend, Travis, raised him and siblings for me, from early 2005. I got them from a tankbreeding project @ 10mm!!!!

I had the squamosa, for about a year at the time....it took almost another year before the clown PHYSICALLY exhibited hosting behaviour.

Now, here's the STRANGE thing:
With the irritation of plunging, caressing, and settling onto squamosa clam mantle bothering ME as much as the clam...
Just, as I considered removing the clown..or CLAM.

Peace reigned..and the clam no longer retracted, as violently.

Heck! I'd say it ALLOWED initial contact, slightly twitched..and with 'recognition system'' satisfied, it remained relatively expanded, and passively allowed the clown it's usual meandering across, on, gliding between mantle folds!

I've subsequently rehomed the clam.

The clown, though, has recently become a vampire!

Drawing blood whenever he can, especially while I introduce new snails/coral/inverts, or remove them for export/transshipments .

My friend Dean, suffers(not in silence) whenever he's helping me out at AQuality's warehouse/depot/QT facility. He has WOUNDS, THAT bleed.

:blushing:

11247bc71a09b4c0.jpg

Stunning ObiWan , thats certainly unusaul:thumbup:

I've noticed the one head of my frogspawn has loooooooooong tentacles, whereas the other heads don't. What is this from?

This could be sweeper tentacles. Is there another coral nearby ? Defence mechanism

Hi all - firstly - I am REALLY impressed by the photographs. AND equally impressed by the hosting of the clowns in the different corals, clams, etc.... ObiWan - that's just SOMETHING else that it hosted with a CLAM! WOW! You say it took a year - BUT, to be truthful - it's actually amazing that it hosted at all. As you say that the clown was tank-bred, right? Must in their genes then....

OK - everyone has probably seen mine - not strange at all - BUT I will show it off, because I am proud of it:
IMG_7903_edited.jpg

Back
Top Bottom