Clown Goby an Sps

Manic

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I saw these really cool looking clown goby's at a lfs. Just wanted to check if anyone has had any experience with clown goby's and sps. Heard they sometimes eat sps.

Whcih clown goby is it. THe one with the blue running through it's face or the plain yellow one. Which LFS was it where you saw it as I am looking for one depending on the species

The are reef safe to get back to your question and real characters

looks kinda like this one, just a lot more blue:

17284ac5e68cbc1a0.jpg

That a broad barred goby AKA Gobiodon histrio. If its plain with a black tipped tail it a yellowskin goby AKA Paragobiodon xanthosomus.

Boenboe I will check out Hillfox

I have a Green Clown Goby, like the one in the pic, it spends most of its time in a purple tip acro. The only problem is that the acro now has a bald spot at the point where the Goby spends most of it's time.

Moz, the do nip on the acro polyps but if you have enough acros they move from one to another. They don't tend to kill the coral

Moz, the do nip on the acro polyps but if you have enough acros they move from one to another. They don't tend to kill the coral

Thanks Tony, but I've never seem it actually nip the polyps. My goby does move between the different acros, I've even seen it perching on a power head a few times, but it spends most of its time (including nights) in the same spot in my purple tip. The coral is doing well, except for the one bald spot, which I think is due to the fish.

Are clown goby's picky eaters?

No. Mine eat flake food or whatever I feed the tank

Iv'e had 2 yellow clowns for 2+ years now, they are great characters and very cute, I feed the tank normally and they tend to survive - not sure what they are eating out of they pellets, flakes, and plankton. Never seen them picking on my sps's.

Back
Top Bottom