clown fish peeling?

Travis1

(wilsontravy)
Reaction score
Hi Guys, one of my clowns looks like its skin is peeling? Any ideas as to what this could be and possible treatment? My tank is 6 weeks old, all parameters are stable. Only have 2 clowns and a CUC.

clown-1-resize.jpg

could it be Brooklynella? anybody had any experience treating this?

Looks like brook. I had an outbreak short while back lost a lot of fish. First to die was my clowns. Is the fish swimming on top at the waterlevel? Unfortunately there is no propper cure that will save the fish. Tank should run fishless for about 4 to 6 weeks for the parasite to die as keeping a fish in the tank the parasite has a host and may pop up again when least expecting it. Fish can live with brook for years and just one day show symptoms.

Looks like brook. I had an outbreak short while back lost a lot of fish. First to die was my clowns. Is the fish swimming on top at the waterlevel? Unfortunately there is no propper cure that will save the fish. Tank should run fishless for about 4 to 6 weeks for the parasite to die as keeping a fish in the tank the parasite has a host and may pop up again when least expecting it. Fish can live with brook for years and just one day show symptoms.

Thanks Jason.

Sadly the little guy didn't make it. I definitely think it was brooklynella.

Problem is curing the system from brook. They current fish is infected also. Maybe see if you can get safety stop and dip the little guy. Then place him in a tank and run fishless for 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom