Urgent help needed Clown fish has pop eye

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I woke up this am to my clown fish who now has one popped eye. THe right eye is protruding considerably more than the other.

I have read this am that it does sort itself out.

If I am honest my clown didn't look like there was anything wrong with it. he was swimming and feeding like normal.

Clown pop eye.jpg

I've had this before on one of my clowns, apparently it can be caused by them simply bumping it against a rock or something, it can also be caused by a bacterial infection though. My one cleared up and was perfectly fine after a while. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think there is any treatment for popeye anyway, maybe somebody can correct me on that.

@Paul B uses a needle to remove it :eek: but i would just monitor it and se after a few days

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this before on one of my clowns, apparently it can be caused by them simply bumping it against a rock or something, it can also be caused by a bacterial infection though. My one cleared up and was perfectly fine after a while. I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think there is any treatment for popeye anyway, maybe somebody can correct me on that.

Like I said I have read that it can go away on its own. Just don't want the poor guy going blind in his one eye or spreading it to the other fish if it is a disease.

Thanks for the advise guys.

Back
Top Bottom