Closing down: Equipment & Live Rock for sale: Pretoria

Discussion in 'Hardware For Sale/Swap' started by Jhavenga, 3 Mar 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhavenga

Jhavenga

Full system sales or multiple items for sale.
    Thread title:
    Closing down: Equipment & Live Rock
    Shipping or Collection only:
    Collection preferred
    Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
    I have the following up for sale as part of closing down my system (I had the saltwater setup for about 5 months, so most of the equipment is 5 or less months old - except for some stuff that I bought second hand):

[​IMG]

Brand new sump, fetched it from Dorrypets this week - it has not been used. Dimensions: 90cm (l) x 35cm (w) x 40cm (h). Glass 6mm around, 8mm bottom. Asking price: R600. Still available

[​IMG]

Brand new imported Vortech MP40w with EcoSmart controller. Asking price: R3,850. Sold

[​IMG]

Good as new Reeftec TS3. I bought it new middle of December. The original pump was faulty, so it was replaced under warranty about a month ago. I only used the new pump for two weeks before my sump cracked. Therefore, the pump (OTP-3000) is basically new and the skimmer itself has been used for about 1 and a half months. Asking price: R1,900. Sold

[​IMG]

2 x 90 litre JoJo screwtop drums. The one has been drilled with two little holes a few centimeters from the top to allow for the auto top-up pipe to go through and for ventilation. Asking price: R175/drum. Still available

[​IMG]

Hailea HX-6510 pump (10w, 480l/h), used as auto-top up pump. Asking price: R150 (including the tube pipe in picture). Sold

[​IMG]

Auto-feeder. Asking price: R120 Sold
    [​IMG]

Buyo FP58-A submersible pump (41w, 2,500l/h) used as return pump from sump to display tank). Asking price: R300 Still available

[​IMG]

SEIO prop 530 (2,000l/h): Asking price: R150. Sold
    [​IMG]

Professional auto top-up. Asking price: R850 Sold

[​IMG]

Aqua Marine reverse osmosis unit: R900 Sold

[​IMG]

Standard 3ft tank with canopy (good as new): Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    [​IMG]

75kg's of Live Rock - Indonesian (R75/kg), Kenyan (R65/kg) & Unknown (R65/kg). And some free chaeto for a lucky buyer. Still available

Other stuff:
    1 x Dolphin 300w heater: Asking price: R100 Still available
    1 x Aqua H2O heater: Asking price: R100 Still available
    Aquatic window cleaner: Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    Aqua H2O 2,000l/h powerhead. Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    Seachem stability 500ml bottle (250ml left): Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    Seachem Am Guard 250ml bottle (90% full): Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    Marine pellets (both bottles 90% full): Aksing price: ??? offers? Still available
    Salifert test kits: Ammonia - R40, Nitrate - R50, Nitrite - R50, PH - R50, Carbonate hardness/Alkalinity - R50 or R200 for all 5. I have used these kits 14 times each (except for PH, which I used 15 times). They can be used for between 50 and a 100 tests each. They have therefore at least 2/3 left (except for the ammonia which I spilt once). Still available
    Alkaline KH buffer, 250g: Around 80% full. Asking price: ??? offers? Still available
    Aiptasia-X: Around 85% full. Asking price: R100. Still available
    Hydrometer & thermometer (2 in 1). Asking price: R30 Still available
    Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine salt. I mixed roughly 110 liters at 1.025 (therefore, 490 liters left). Asking price: R550 Dibs - Slagter
    ViaAqua Internal power filter VA-F130 (800l/h): Asking price: R90 Still available
    Notes:
    The Live Rock needs to be sold before the last heater and powerhead can be sold.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

Some more pictures of the stuff that's for sale (in the order listed above):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Toffees

Toffees

How much u asking per kilo for the live rock?
    Then the test kits I will take off ur hands no problem where and when is it all able to be taken?

5. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

Dibs on the auto-topup and the pump used for the auto topup please - pm me your banking details and the address where i can send my couriers to collect.

Thanks!

6. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

@Toffees - Indo Live Rock R75/kilo, Kenyan Live Rock R65/kilo, Unknown (I'm not sure whether it is Indo, Kenyan or some other) R65/kilo. It is very nice live rock with lots of life.

You can have the test kits as soon as you are able to fetch it (I'm in Lynnwood Glen, Pretoria. I live about 500m from Menlyn shopping mall). However, I'm not available this weekend, until Sunday evening 18:00.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  7. Toffees

Toffees

That sounds good to me I will take a few kilos live Rock and the test kits thanx. Will see u Sunday

8. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

@Mouse wants that sump, she will contact you shortly

9. WINEGUMS

WINEGUMS

Hi
    Dibs on the skimmer & the R.O unit. Just need to know what the footprint of the skimmer is to ensure it will fit in my sump. Interested in some live rock too.

10. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

@WINEGUMS, I think the footprint of the skimmer is 25cm x 33cm (but you should perhaps verify this)

11. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

off the web the size is 380mm x 250mm for the TS3

12. WINEGUMS

WINEGUMS

Can you perhaps measure the skimmer at its longest point please? The skimmer compartment in my sump is 300x350mm. If it fits I will take it. Otherwise if you are available this afternoon I can bring my sump around & we can check. I will take the R.O unit though. PM me your details pls.

13. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

@Neil H - I also noticed on the one site it was given as 380mm x 250mm, but I think that was the old size. I'm sure Lanzo said the footprint is a bit smaller now (arround 33cm)

@WINEGUMS. The TS3 should fit in your sump. I had the sump in the first picture above (which I never used) specifically made so that the TS3 will fit. The skimmer compartment is 35cm by 30cm, which is exactly the same as yours. To be safe, I'll ask my wife to check whether the skimmer fits in the sump, but I'm sure it would.

14. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

Please can I reserve the Salt? Where in PTA are you? I'm coming to Dorry Pets tomorrow morning. Any chance of meeting me there?

15. gaboon

gaboon

Keen on the auto feeder, maybe keen on the hydrometer depending on how accurate it is.

16. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

@Slagter - I'm in the Lynnwood Glen area in pretoria. I'm going to Vanderbijlpark for the weekend, therefore I can travel South on the N1 and meet you on the road somewhere. PM me your contact number if you want to meet me somewhere this afternoon (I'll be leaving Pretoria between 16:45 and 17:15)

@gaboon - I tested the accuracy of the hydrometer against my refractometer. It was accurate enough for me, so I decided to sell the refractometer and only use the hydrometer.

@Slagter & @gaboon - Let me know...

17. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

Pity, I can't do today. Would you be able to drop the salt at Dorry Pets and ask them to keep it for me till tomorrow and I'll do you an EFT?

18. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

Slager, Dorrypets is a bit out of the way and traffic around there gets quite hectic that time of the afternoon. Therefore, I am not keen to go there this afternoon. But I will consider it. PM me your contact number and then I can sms you if I do go past there to drop the salt.

19. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

No worries dude. Don't worry about it. I still want the salt though. Maybe if you're not busy sometime next week, and you're in the Centurion Area, you wouldn't mind dropping it off there. I go there fairly often, so I can pick it up then. Otherwise we can make another plan.

20. Jhavenga

Jhavenga Thread Starter

@Slagter, I'm in the Lynnwood Glen area (500m from Menlyn shopping mall). I don't normally go to Centurion (except when I visisted Dorrypets to buy stuff, which I won't be doing anymore :() Perhaps I can find out from @RiaanP if he wouldn't mind dropping it off at Dorrypets for you next week. I should be able to get the salt to him when he's in my area for the wrestling.

21. Slagter

Slagter MASA Contributor

That would be super duper! Just Let me know.

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.