Close encounters

George

Sponsor
Reaction score
Just After a prfect dive 6km off Park Rynie we had a visit from some wales 10m away from our stationary boat
1974899e7271d171.jpg

1974899e65aa96b0.jpg

WOW! What an awesome experience! Where the heck did you dive off Park Rynie? What reef did you dive there?
How did you manage to dive there? Privately? Your own boat?? Or using a diving charter....

WOW! What an awesome experience! Where the heck did you dive off Park Rynie? What reef did you dive there?
How did you manage to dive there? Privately? Your own boat?? Or using a diving charter....
For more than 20 years a fish eggs study has been going on by Dr. A Connell and I just happen to be his diving buddy for the last 10 or so years. We dive every week between 38 and 45 m approx. 6k off shore. The reefs are countless with hardly any diver been there. I'm just lucky I guess in many ways.

George

You are indeed lucky! ;-) Perhaps one day when I am up thataway again you can convince him that you have a new dive buddy to take along ;-) (me) LOL!
I have dived all over Aliwal and Protea Reef before....
The dive spots sounds absolutely MAGNIFICENT!

I went shark cage diving in CT (just past gaansbaai), and on our way back a whale breached right next to us, and gave birth then and there. Saw the baby pop up to the surface and it was amazing!

I went shark cage diving in CT (just past gaansbaai), and on our way back a whale breached right next to us, and gave birth then and there. Saw the baby pop up to the surface and it was amazing!
Never been that lucky, we have sharks around us while decompressing almost every week without cages and no problems.
I will post some pics of them in the water I took some time ago before we actually went in the water.
Pity I never had an underwater camera
197489af3fbba5a3.jpg

197489af3fbc22d0.jpg

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=3777
197489af3fbbe42a.jpg

197489af3fbba5a3.jpg

George

Last edited:
Just After a prfect dive 6km off Park Rynie we had a visit from some wales 10m away from our stationary boat
1974899e7271d171.jpg

1974899e65aa96b0.jpg
A special moment. Glad you had the camera.

How did you manage to dive there?
Aliwal is just a blip on the radar compared to the reef out deep between Scotties and Park Rynie... Plenty

I have dived all over Aliwal and Protea Reef before....
Park Rynie is the preferred launch site when diving Protea Banks. ie straight out to sea:)

Back
Top Bottom