Cleaning

Reaction score
could some one please advise me on getting a soapy residue out of a drum.
they are 220l drums
i have tried everything that i know just cant seem to get them 100%
clean, please if you guys can help
Thanks.

i got the same problem here.got drums that had jik,sunlight and other detergents but dont know how to get them cleaned out

Fill it with nsw, leave it in the sun for a while and see if the water gets an algae bloom. And smell if the soapy scent is still there. What you can try after this is to drain the drum, chuck some wet live sea sand in and scrub the drum with the sand as well. Good luck..

dude, toss the drums and get some new ones. stay on the safe side

R20 for a 220L drum? WHERE? Go with Tom's advice. Leave the seawater in for a while. Better still find a deserted beach and chuck them full of sand and leave them in ocean for a few weeks.
Not really good advice from an ecological point of view, but hey.........

lo Ivan nah think i might have it sorted. They full of old tank water, gonna let them soak for a while.

Mek dude new drums for R20.00 i want as many as yo can send me as long as they are 220l drums.

shit tridan and i just paid 160..

cup of hth with tap water for 48hrs....drain rinse....20% hydrogen peroxide tap water 24hrs....
HTH R13 - R16/KG
Peroxide - R3.50/litre

Thought it would be silly to open a new thread, but I got 1000L drum that was used to import glue, it has been used as a fresh water drum for 10 years already. Do you think I will have a problem storing SW in it?

Solvent containers....i would not advise....however if you have been drinking water from this drum, which i doubt...then all should be ok

I would like to test the water, going to send it to a lab... just want to know how long you think I should let it stand for any baddies to leach out?

let them collect water from your down pipes for a while and add a little bicarb usually does the trick....

Back
Top Bottom