Cleaner Wrasse

Discussion in 'New Members' started by wrasse, 15 May 2012.

1. wrasse

wrasse

Morning all... As you were all so helpful last time I thought you would be able to help me with this too... I have a cleaner wrasse, had him for roughly 3 weeks now, he has been hiding for about 3 days now, I know where his hiding cause every morning for the past 3 days he just sticks his nose out from a hole in a live rock, for a couple of minutes then disappears again for the rest of the day... Is this common because before he always use to be out? Also what do I feed my cleaner wrasse besides parasites that are on my other fish cause no ones entirely sure?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chris Franky

Chris Franky

Hi @wrasse,

I do stand under correction but ours does the same thing to, he finds a sleeping posi at night and is active during the day :) one has to supplement feed them if your tank hasn't got enough fish for it to "feed" off of. Ours eats gewone brine shrimp, but i was recently advised to buy the super brine shrimp as it has more nutrients for the wrasse.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. Hails

Hails

Can feed it chopped seafoods, brine shrimp, and live black worms. Should be fed a few times a day, but is difficult to feed and keep. They are jumpers and hide when stressed. How many fish do you have in your tank?

5. DarrenT

DarrenT

the best food in terms of nutrients would be mysis, fed brine for a while and after feeding mysis for a few weeks there was a big change in coloration. The wrasse is obviously happy hiding away for a bit hes probably found a spot where he is comfortable, just make sure he eats. Cleaner wrasse are notorious for not eating, if he isn't eating he is probably stressed.

6. wrasse

wrasse Thread Starter

He eats brine shrimp, red plankton, pellets and even flakes occasionally... But he has not eaten for 3 days, just hidden... I have 2 Cardinals, 2 Common Clowns, 2 Chromis Damsels, 3 Urchins, 2 Cucumbers, a Goby, Boxy Shrimp and a Green Wrasse... But like I say, he was fine, just all of a sudden went into hiding?

7. DarrenT

DarrenT

have you checked your levels at all recently? Whats your Nitrates and pH at? If you levels aren't right, your cleaner will be the first to know, they quite sensitive.

Last edited: 15 May 2012
  8. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

They'll hide if stressed or sick.

Imported ones tend to be difficult to get feeding and generally don't do well. Oddly enough locally caught ones usually go straight onto flake and are hardy as hell. Could very well be because of size. Imports are usually larger and "set in their ways" with regards to feeding.

9. pXius

pXius

I feed my cleaner cyclop-eeze, he goes mad for it.

Recent Posts