Urgent help needed Cleaner wrasse pecking @ my clams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone .... So I been monitoring my clams for the past few days, an they seem a bit retracted, I checked everything and all was fine.... Lasnight while prepping their food, I caught my cleaner in action,peckin on both my clams, can that be the reason for retracting? .... Also, I never seen him clean a fish since I have him, when they approach him, he swims away, could it be he is a false cleaner? Also he is a feisty mysis and brine shrimp eater.... Help please, its impossible to catch him out of tank, what to do, what to do

Help please, its impossible to catch him out of tank, what to do, what to do

You could probably catch him using a trap, even a DIY would do. Using his fav food as bait.

That's if you decide to catch him of course. Obviously you know what a cleaner wrasse looks like but post a pic anyway, maybe we'll spot something that could indicate otherwise?

Had the same thing with my cleaner wrasse (nipped at the clams & they all retracted) - he also ate very well (mysis / brine) but had to go back

My two did the same, both had to come out.
Will never put another one in my tank if it has clams in.
They are a serious pest, and will eventually kill the clam.

Thats something wouldnt have thought...cleaner wrasses not being clam friendly...there goes my plans of keeping clams again...love my cleaner so I wouldnt be able to part with him. :(

news to me aswell but as Africa has suggested somethings got to give

He's not necessarily a "false cleaner" some of them do develop a taste for clam.

Thanks for the inputs guys.... I'm home now and checked him compared to a false cleaner an his legit, but still nipping my clams, gosh, how do I get him out, I just finalised my scape an glued corals down,how now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom