Cleaner shrimp has black markings on him?

Reaction score
My one cleaner shrimp has developed some black markings on his body. Doesn't seem to affect him at all though. What could this be?

Need a pitcher dude, where are the black markings, underneath? - it could be carrying eggs, or have food in it's stomach, on top? and are the markings regular or blotchy?

on top, camera gona AWOL i'm afraid! :/

Markings on its back, are blotchy

Don't sound good, keep an eye on it, but there isn't much in the way of treatment for a sick shrimp, it might just be it's getting ready to moult, but to be honest that is just a guess.

Wee-Man: Hoping he's not sick. Is still active (same as other one) and eating etc. Seems completely unaffected so hoping it'll be gone with the next moult.

jacques markings completely gone. Must've shed them off. Now I can't tell which one even had the markings! ;)

congrats.good to hear :)

could be the other one that has moulted. but i check it does not move when anything comes close to it, just lays there on its side.
how can one shrimp look so healthy and the other look ready for the toilet bowl?:wave2:

could be the other one that has moulted. but i check it does not move when anything comes close to it, just lays there on its side.
how can one shrimp look so healthy and the other look ready for the toilet bowl?:wave2:

It happens, I have 3 shrimps that I have had since the beginning, then others that have been added have come and gone, over time.

hi gaz,
no the cleaner shrimp died but the other shrimp seems to be getting bigger by the week.
do cleaner shrimps eat tube worms?

Back
Top Bottom