Clarkiis killed my Dory...

Reaction score
I need some encouragement right now... My Clarkii clowns killed my Dory today. I thought it was a faze that would pass, today they grabbed hold of it and gave it a good tug, was still fine. Then a little while ago i got a call its dead. Well anyways im at the point of going suicidal on them, but yea... maby somebody can give me a better idea as the one swimming in my head atm doesant look to good for them.

sorry to hear this all, sucks to hear that it turned ugly. you have two clowns correct? you could sump them for a while, cool down period, that may curb their territorial nature a bit. Make sure there is some rocks in the sump so they make that their new territory and then when you move them back up after two or so weeks it will be like they are moving to a new tank completely in which time your new dorry will be well established

Clowns are known to be really aggressive little buggers, sorry to hear about your loss.

Was your Dory very small and a new addition?

Shame, perhaps he was a bit sick, I have noticed my other fish really go after and pick on another fish if he is showing signs of being unhealthy, quite distressing to watch it, you think that if the other fish would just leave him alone that he might get better and pull through, but they just constantly hammer the sick fish until he's dead, one of natures strange ways I suppose.

If you're going to get another Dory perhaps try one that is considerably bigger than the clowns, maybe that will be better.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I USED to have Clarkis but found them to be like a pitbull in my tank, I traded them in for Clowns (the real thing) and they mind their own business and keep to themselves and even lay eggs.
My Clarkie swam the length of my 2m tank like Jaws with a neon goby sideways in its mouth 10min after I put the R420 neon in the tank. Me, I would rather have a smoked up Nigerian arms dealer in my tank than a Clarkie Clown - (easier to handle, catch and shoot)
I found when getting that special fish you've been eyeing firstly make sure it is compatible (sometimes unknown due to personalities) then that it is healthy and lastly that it is bigger than any other fish in the tank (if possible) expecially if a similar shape.

My Clarkie swam the length of my 2m tank like Jaws with a neon goby sideways in its mouth 10min after I put the R420 neon in the tank.
I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to laugh but that's really funny :lol: :lol:

Yip the only thing that was missing was a baywatch babe and dadum dadum dadum!!!!

Well, im just going to try trade them in for 2 nemos. And if i cant ile just give them away or release them back into the ocean. Theyve also been nipping @ my checkerboard wrasse but i thought nothing of it since it got away everytime. If anybody would like to trade. PM me. Ile pay shipping fees...

eish dudee really sorry to hear my ex fish are giving you hell... they are generally for a larger tank with larger fish as companions.. im sure finny will trade them in for you.. i would take them but my son fell in love with NEMO... dont let them into the sea as they have been in contact with fish (and possibly diseases) fom a foreign coastline, something we dont really want to introduce into our ocean here..

if you dont come right im sure i can find a home somewhere for them.. do they have anemone?

How big is your current tank storm?

eish tomato clowns are bliksems also.....i think only the occelaris are not so aggro...

eish tomato clowns are bliksems also.....i think only the occelaris are not so aggro...

Right about the Tomatoes, not so sure on the occellaris. I had 5 clowns in my 6 foot tank long ago in the beginning. The maroon minded his own bussines, the clarkii shared the sand anemonie with the saddle back clown at night and the tomato wanted to kill all fish getting too close to his nennie... and then there's Nemo... who has bitten me the hardest of any fish i had... ever!!! (including my oscars :p)
When I put my hand in the tank, he attacked - period!

lol tobes maybe he hated your face:p should've worn a mask bro!

you introduced them all at once tobes?because i tried adding a new tomato but the old one almost killed it together with my six line wrasse!i had to remove the poor bugger to my sump where he went missing,i'm guessing the brittle star got him at night:whistling:

lol tobes maybe he hated your face:p should've worn a mask bro!

you introduced them all at once tobes?because i tried adding a new tomato but the old one almost killed it together with my six line wrasse!i had to remove the poor bugger to my sump where he went missing,i'm guessing the brittle star got him at night:whistling:

I only wear a mask with my cape :p

That was in the beginning, I didn't know any better and thought that you could have all those clowns in one tank. I was just lucky, and now I will not recommend putting more than 2 in a tank - even better if they're a mated pair.
Maybe all those clowns in my old tank in the beginning was concentrating too much to stay alive with high nitrates etc and they didn't have the strength to battle it out :lol:

Back
Top Bottom