Clarki clownfish

Reaction score
Howzit guys, yesterday I bought a pair of Clarki clowns.After spending some time looking at their behaviour and general appearance, I asked the petshop guy to feed them which he did and they ate.I was happy and bought them.I got them in my display and they are doing well,the only problem is, I think the display flow might be too strong.Flow in display consists of 2 seio m620's and 3 seio m820's.Will the clowns get used to the flow or should I switch some pumps off.The only other fish in the tank is a koran angelfish.Sorry for the long thread and thank's in advance.

Reaction score
Sorry guys forgot to mention the display volume is approximately 2oo litres.

Reaction score
I turned my pumps off @ night with my perc clowns. Small or slow swimming fish tend to wander of @ night and get sucked onto the pump nozzles not being able to free themselves, get stressed and die. They will get use to the strong pumps, especially when they start hosting in a coral or anenome. Just careful for night though.

Reaction score
Thank's Storm, guess I will switch some pump's off then.

Reaction score
U could always put a timer on your pumps power line, on for one hour off for the next then back on. U can buy the hardware at a DIY shop.

Reaction score
They are feeding well,accepting dry and frozen foods.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Aslam - as Mekaeel says - don't worry about them. I have one left of 2 that I had. I have had the clarkii now for about a year and 3 months.... I have 102 times my display tank water volume (+-66800 litres per hour) in my tank, and my fish are all 100% with it.... they adapt well to high flow.