Clam Eye-Candy

Reaction score
Howdy Guys

Went to thailand in december and did a stack of snorkelling and was blown away by the variety of clams they have there. Its mind blowing. You just have to walk a meter in and you stand on a clam......

pick your favorite, shotto:

clams.jpg

Beautiful colours. I know Millipora will go ballistic if he has to see something like that in real life

thanks for sharing
saw some nice ones up in pemba aswell.. but there they eat them!

2744978b90aa4f7a.jpg

2744978b9226fc0f.jpg

2744978b938301f0.jpg

2744978b94ab17eb.jpg

this is becuase WWF does not have the resources to stop them! and to them its food.
Im so sad because this was one of the best snorkel experiences of my life and my kids probably wont see it!

It's all very well for us to complain about people eating clams or fish or elephants or gorillas, but if your children are starving and you have no choice, maybe it's difficult to see the long term benefits of keeping certain species alive.

I know what you mean Mike
but If their gov. weren’t so stubborn they could have a export (in a sustainable matter) market world wide that will bring money to the table that will provide more food than the clam, small tropical fish they eat....I mean goldies,and clown surgeons is like two bites could have provided them with a chicken perhaps even rise?
I don’t know but the reef will not last the destruction currently going on
Pemba is over populated!

I know what you mean Mike
but If their gov. weren’t so stubborn they could have a export (in a sustainable matter) market world wide that will bring money to the table that will provide more food than the clam, small tropical fish they eat....I mean goldies,and clown surgeons is like two bites could have provided them with a chicken perhaps even rise?
I don’t know but the reef will not last the destruction currently going on
Pemba is over populated!

Parhaps they don't realise what they actually have,shame maybe you could speak to a govt minister about it, you never know it might help, failing that contact the WWF they may have more punch

It's all very well for us to complain about people eating clams or fish or elephants or gorillas, but if your children are starving and you have no choice, maybe it's difficult to see the long term benefits of keeping certain species alive.

That's true Mike - just SOOooooo sorry their governments ALL have dictators and ONLY take all the money in the country, for themselves..... with NO money going to the people of the country at all....

BUT that aside - I get your point. I too would eat anything if it means food....
The same debate would be held between vegans and flesh-eaters....

My point being - WHY AM I not allowed to take any from the sea, to keep alive? Rather to eat?

we need a marine biologist or something
they wont listen to me.WWF just dont have the power to force upon the laws.the area that I dived is a marine protected one ,but still they net.you have to call WWF and pay their petrol across.by the time the fishermen see their boat the nets are gone and then WWF wants proof of everything from the boat number(I mean its the boat right in front of the house SIR!!) pics of who did it...Its a joke to be honest

Believe me if I say that all will be eaten. Since the 4 x 4 bans have been incorporated we can see the difference on our beaches. Ledges that once flourished in Mussels and oysters as well as crayfish and octopus, is now marren rocks. When the vehicles drove on the beach, there was some kind of control- wrt the ëyes"that was "permanently"on the beaches, now you walk past the same ledges, just to find them empty, and every 50 meters or so you find this heaps of empty shells

Back
Top Bottom