Clam care

can i say on open forum because its a petshop that is in the north of PTA and he is not a sponsor - the name is similar to petshop.

but i know that Ferdie is getting some in, 27 i think and you know ferdie - very cheap - you just have to wait a week or so.

great article Warr.Amazing how they are thriving in these little nano's hey.

You can only say they are thriving if they have been in any system for more than 12 months. Apparently these clams will starve to death very slowly.

You are correct but to can tell if they are doing well if there is shell growth - with my clam, there was a mark a few lines from the top - there are now more of those growth lines between the mark on the shell and the top.

You are correct but to can tell if they are doing well if there is shell growth - with my clam, there was a mark a few lines from the top - there are now more of those growth lines between the mark on the shell and the top.

Excellent, if you can see the shell growth then you are keeping the mollusc happy :thumbup:

just want to make it past the year - but need to change globes soon - ibought the nano in Nov 07 - when would you suggest i change globes? I was thinking september 08

just want to make it past the year - but need to change globes soon - ibought the nano in Nov 07 - when would you suggest i change globes? I was thinking september 08

Does depend on brand, I change my T5's every 6 months, also remember these clams love 10K lighting, so beef up on the white lights rather than the blue.

Blue you can leave in for ages

You can only say they are thriving if they have been in any system for more than 12 months. Apparently these clams will starve to death very slowly.
agreed.but if a person researches before attempting,they will not kill the clam!
thriving doesnt have to be an entire year, under decent water parameters,if the clam is growing,we can say it is thriving.

agreed.but if a person researches before attempting,they will not kill the clam!
thriving doesnt have to be an entire year, under decent water parameters,if the clam is growing,we can say it is thriving.

Very true, if you see the grotwth tips on the shell, you are A -away :thumbup:

lol Warr,some day i'll be a SPS superhero.still got lots to learn :)
we got Irie Ivan,Sunburst.....these guys know SPS :)
but i do try my best to help out where i can

But that is exactly what I am saying.

Ivan, Sunburst etc. are not always available like you. You are always on hand with good info.

Back
Top Bottom