Cichlids

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Gregory, 4 Jul 2010.

1. Gregory

Gregory

Hi All , i have a 4ft cichlid tank and have had for 4 years. Enjoying the challenge of getting these fish to thrive and looking for any advice you can give over and above the basics.

I live in Durban. I've heard you can add a litre of salt watre now and again to harden the water, is this ok? my water is siting at 7.2 .

I have some coral and will look at crushing it further and putting it in my 1200 Tetra Cannister.

My Tetra has a slight leak and i've heard is an O ring problem that Tetra knows about , hopefully a new ring will help.

I'm very keen on getting a big L shaped tank and I will definitley need assistance on such a big tank going forward. I've learned from alot of mistakes in the past and dont want to do that all again but need somebody who 'been there and done that' to help me.

Thx for your help in advance.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Hi Greg welcome to MASA, i think you might find a better response to your question at our sister site, we all Salty Dogs here.
    Try asking at Tropical Aquariums South Africa

4. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Yes saltwater can be used but you'll have to dilute it with RO to get an SG of 1.001 which is standard for freshwater.
    The Aquarium Environment: Water

Recent Posts