Chromis

joe

Reaction score
Good day

I added 5 blue/green chromis to my tank on saturday and boy am I happy.
They treally amazing little fish and they actually SCHOOL !!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wanna add another group so im thinking anthias, are there a specific type that are easy to keep and feed ?

Some people refer to chromis as Salt Water cichlids, but I love them.
They do school and change colour according to light.

Psduedo Anthias Squampinis (Goldies) also add colour and are a great schooling fish.

Just be cautious with both species as they require constant feeding. 3 times a day being the minimum to ensure success. If your skimmer can handle the load then go for it. Also dilegent husbandry is key (Regular partial waterchanges etc)

Good luck with your new additions :)

Hi Joe - you can't go wrong with the Chromis. Especially the blue/green ones are awesome!

W.r.t to Anthias - they absolutely uber cool, BUT, they do require a LOT of feeding, as they do tend to feed PERMANENTLY in nature - so, if you want to add anthias, best to get an auto-feeder that can feed up to at least 4 times a day... Also, you will then have to be VERY sure that your skimmer is up to the job of cleaning the extra nutrients out in your tank water.....

Good luck man!

The Goldies and the Chromis both require constant feeding, so if you have one lot them you may as well add the other, just make sure your filtration is up for the increase in bio load.

thats sounds a bit hectic , my tank is only 300l so i think it may nbe a bit too much then .But thanx for the advice guys .
how about some cardinals ?

Cardinals are fine and do not require the same amount of feeding and also make nice schooling fish.

Thanx alan i always wanted cardinals , so they will probably be my next buy

The banggaii cardinals are nice, very placid, they aren't as active as chromis or anthias, but stunning fish.

Chromis are just awsome,also reasonabley prices.i love a shoal of chromis and goldies.planning to add once my tank is moved

How many chromis could I put in a 350l tank, with a bicolour blenny, 2 dwarf angels and a pair of percs (OK, so I've just got the blenny but planning ahead)?

Chromis are best kept in odd numbers, 3, 5, 7 etc.

Yeah, get 7 of them, very nice and they stay small, had mine for ever and still only about 4cm.

What would happen if you added say 3 Chromis viridis and 3 Chromis cyanea would they school together?
How often do chromis need to be fed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom