Chromis with White spot

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Duimpies, 13 Sep 2013.

1. Duimpies

Duimpies

Hi Guys

Ive noticed that one of my Chromis has white spot this morning. My problem is how do i cath him to medicate him, as he darts for the rocks, and i dont feel like unpacking the whole tank .

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

You could try one of those Fish Traps I've seen some guys use or drain you'r tank to a level which would make it easier for you to catch him maybe..?..:blush:

4. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za

@Duimpies

What I have done in the past is one of two things provided the fish is still feeding.

1) I soak food in vitamins and boosters for 30 mins and sometimes even overnight. Dry food (pellets, flake, Nori) absorb a decent amount in a short space. Frozen foods I allow to defrost on a paper towl to soak up moisture and then I soak them for at least an hour. I increase the amount of food by feeding more regularly.
    Seachem. Vitality
    Brightwell Aquatics - AminOmega

If I see now improvement in a day or two or if I see the condition get worse in 12 - 24 hours I revert to strategy 2.

2) 10 days of feeding as per strategy 1 but with the inclusion of medication.
    Seachem. Metronidazole
    Seachem. KanaPlex
    Seachem. Focus

I DO NOT use garlic for immune boosting, I ONLY use it to entice finicky eaters to start eating.
    Brightwell Aquatics - GarlicPower

Good luck and don't stress too much about it, just get the fishes immune system up so it can fight it on its own.

A constant mixed, varied diet with supplemental vitamins is important to the long term health of our fish start the and you will generally avoid having to medicate.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

Unless the whitespot is severe then just feed well and ride it out. Taking one fish out and treating it is pretty pointless, because it'll just get the disease again once it's reintroduced.

6. Duimpies

Duimpies Thread Starter

Thanks

Recent Posts