Urgent help needed Chromi has bubble over its mouth

Reaction score
Hi guys woke up this morning to find that my chromi had this bble over his mouth, I added a canister filter to my tank yesterday and all that is inside is filter floss and activated carbon that i rinsed thoughrally before i put in and hooked it up to the tank, really not sure what i should do please help

IMG_1529.jpg

Hi,
I doubt if it could be the canister filter that you added yesterday.
There is a lot of whitish specks in your pic. do you have a lot of floating particles / sand in your water column? Or can you explain the white specks? It might be a grain of sand that somehow got stuck and is now irritating the fish?

The bubble looks similar to "pop-eye" in which case, it might resolve itself in a couple of days without any intervention. It is the first time that I have seen this on the mouth, though.

Those white specs are just tiny air bubble from the skimmer, im still fine tuning it because i got it back from repairs yesterday, so im still trying to find the right balance with the skimmer, okay i will not hassle to much about it but i will monitor him and see what happens, it is possible with the sand being in the water coloumn but im not too sure

The microbubbles from the skimmer can have the same effect as small sand particles. That might then be your cause.
Just make sure that your fish is still eating, and he should make a full recovery.
All the best.
:wubclub:

Oh i see okay ill try to tune the skimmer as best that i can, yes he eating fine, okay thanx i thought it was something serious, but i will keep and eye on him and update you guys if there are any changes

Jip, do keep us posted please.. Always nice to know the outcome is, especially if it is good :)

If it is not so good an outcome, please still update us, as others might learn from it.

But my vote is for recovery!

Cheers.

Thanx again guys, you've helped me to decrease my stress levels, but yip ill keep you guys updated

That would be "gal". ;)

And you're welcome:thumbup:

Last edited:
Oh my bad, lol bt thanx anyways, uhm just did a water change now, and they all seen to be fine, and managed to tune the skimmer slightly so there are no bubbles, just going to wait and see now, ill let you guys knw whats happening

Back
Top Bottom