Christmas lights

Reaction score
He all,

I know it might be a bit early for some people but we start putting up our decorations in Novemeber, as it does take some time. thought we could put up some pictures of what our places look like when lights go on the 1st December.

We live in an estate and there is a bit of a competion going to see who has the best lights, so far we a bit behind, but here is a pick of what our place looked like last year, will put better pic up this year as this photo was taken off a phone. Just to let you know we theonly people in the estate who has a singing Christmas tree outside.
picture.php
this is just the front of the house

Last edited:
haha, looks cool. I've always wanted to do something like this. What about some rope lights going all around the edges of the house and roof?

We got going around the house already about 300m, we brought new led lights for the roof, starting with putting those up this weekend have a look closely at the lights on the wall.

How about adding one of those barber shop candy canes as a little feature? (I don't know the correct name for it?)

We look at that, can't find any ones we like, I will try see if I can find a photo of the driveway with out the cars in it.

Make one :thumbup:

Nice sizable polystyrene one fixed to a DC stepper motor mounted on a base. You have the red and white rope lights for it.

Have it twirling on the lawn...and boom you the winner LOL :lol:

we theonly people in the estate who has a singing Christmas tree outside.
:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe the only ones in the country..

Would love to see what you plan this year. We always drive around the festive season to see who has the best decorations, our house always lost by miles, as we start with a bang, then slack, not finishing what we started...lol

@seank, maybe you right, I will upload a step by step guide as we are putting it up, then I will do a vid of what it looks like when we done, then you can all hear the Christmas tree outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom