Choosing a doser

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a triple or quad doser and am getting a lots of conflicting information.

The options so far (depends on the lfs) is Magic Marine, Aqua Medic and Proflilux ( all with controllers). These brands vary greatly in price but do they actually vary greatly in quality too? How readily available are spare parts etc?

Anyone else done some info searching on this or can offer input? Much appreciated

Can I add the Vertex to that mix - Speak to NAthan from TSR. I used to use the Profilux and it is reliable but a little old school now. I have since moved to the Vertex Doser and it has a nice touch screen and can give you a lot of info like how much of each liquid has been dosed so far in the day plus graphs and the setting are very easy. It might be a little more that the profilux but I think its def worth it.

Im using the marine magic... Might be the cheapest, but works like a bomb. I have it connected to my mp 10 ecotech battery backup!

@durleo and @The Waterboy - Marco how much do these units go for (pm?). Don't mind paying the extra if it actually is better. i have also heard nothing bad about the cheap little magic marine. Problem is as I have never owned a doser I have no idea how to actually compare them :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've personally seen marine magic doser in action and yeah,great units... But if I were to make a decision, I would go for longest reliable brand on the market and also highly praised PROFILUX

i have a profilux quad doser, cant review yet as i havent used it yet and i got mine free lol:tt2:

getting a lots of conflicting information
@LouiseS, I refer to your quote above, could you please elaborate about conflicting information, maybe we can help if we know a bit more ?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i got a marine magic, from reef aquatics now a sponsor, it has battery backup, and even came with spare parts etc, in all my years of marines, its been a while to get a great product like with spares and no charge

marine magic are good cheaper alternate option....i bought a few on ebay about 3 years back and sold em to 3 clients who have not had issues with them.....only thing is they were triple dosers not quad and did not have all the functions available in the profilux....aswell as it was a bit of work setting up the ml dosages....you physicaly have to calaborate the dose
but if you want the cream of the crop , reliable with all the bells and whistles and the best back up service in the country....profilux the anwser.....but nothing wrong with the cheaper alternative just to dose

nice....good to know
but the unit itself has not changed much....i played with one just 2 weeks back
good that they ship with a spare pump now....that gives a bit of piece of mind to the end user, that he has a spare available

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom