Votes: 11 55.0%
  • coral beauty

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
K now i know that i shouldn't have both these angels. which one is the best to have. bearing in mind i have a 125l display and a total water volume of 180L in my system.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
llike where mekaeel is going with the colors thing what other fish do you have?

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
k the plan is
anthias
midus blenny
I already have two true perke clowns
and maybe a another fish (undecided really)

robski

Shrimp
Reaction score
i would go jumping bean, although mine died in one day... should of suspected it when they were selling it for a discounted price at the lfs

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Also - Jumping bean. I would love to have one. But have not yet had the chance. I already have a Coral Beauty..... BUT then again - I have a 2 metre tank with LOTS of hiding places ;-)

lappiesreef

Cardinal
Reaction score
I'm sure you could have both Jacie. If three pigmy's go together in mine, surely yours can take it too...

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
i was just thinking to try not put all your colors in one basket so to speak... why not look at a heraldi if you are not going to get a yellow tang for example? beans are cool i am just a little over them after catching over 40 odd 2 seasons ago.. i actually prefer a black bean now...

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
I am surprised you even considering the bean, after what happen to Matt.

Do what I did and get a BIG CB, let it establish itself then introduce a small bean and then you should be fine, if the bean doesn't go after your clowns;)

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
:) Matt bought an adult bean and he introduced the clowns after the bean was established ( without reorganizing the rock) so he did some mistakes.
warr thats what i had planned ( to get a big CB and a very small jumping bean)

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Warr: I think jumping beans are only aggressive once their territory is established. I removed my rocks, rearranged and my bean changed in temperament straight away.

Saying that I think your idea of large coral beauty before bean would work. I would still advise against 2 dwarf angels in 125L of water. I'd wouldn't attempt it as it's easy enough to lose livestock with all the other problems an aquarist can experience!

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Saying that I think your idea of large coral beauty before bean would work. I would still advise against 2 dwarf angels in 125L of water. I'd wouldn't attempt it as it's easy enough to lose livestock with all the other problems an aquarist can experience!
Totally agree, I was scared of introducing a cherub angel (close cousin of the bean) into my system (500L) as I have veru well established CB.

Gave it a few days and the CB lost interest in chasing the smaller fish :p

All is well now

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
k well i did a bad thing i already got a jumping bean this week. he was going for a great price and he is very very very tiny. i plan to get the coral beauty (big one) next weekend. before that i am getting rock from warr. so what do you guys reckon putting the LR in on sat and then straight after putting in the CB. the jumping bean will not know whats going on with all this new rock. He is very small guys ( i know impulse buys are not good but i am pretty sure everyone on this forum has had an impulse buy or two):)