Chocolate starfish reef safe?

Reaction score
Bought a chocolate starfish today. Once again did not do enough research. Now my web surfing seems to indicate that they are NOT reef safe and will eat almost anything including my precious corals. Is this true, should I return it to my LFS. I'm surprised that he sold it to me along with a ton of other corals that I bought at the same time.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hehe @ Chocolate Starfish. I believe this to be a slang term for assh*le :))

It should read Chocolate Chip Starfish.

Reaction score
as scuba says I have one and have not had any problems at all with him. indeed i really like the fella. but they are said to be "un reef safe" so er on the side of caution and take it back. although regular feeding (very easy to do) and you would be fine....in my limited opinion:)

Reaction score
Not worth the risk

Took him back - The last thing I want is a R70 predator (no matter how cool) polishing of my thousands of rands of other livestock:nono:. Now i've really learnt my lesson, this is the last time I buy somthing on impulse. Just the driving back and forth to the LFS was painfull enough.

Reaction score
Plus if you have a phantom killer in your tank he will finish off the dead bodies like crispins Caretaker/chocolate Starfish