Chinese Vortech MP-40

haha. i actually did youtube it. they seem decent. i still feel like the built quality cant be compared to a vortech. but at the price, i would definitely try them out. so @ExpressReef you think 2 or 1? in a 550l system?

Jungle aquatics have them.. And a few other lfs. Just look around. I'm not sure about any lfs in dbn. But jungle aquatics have an online store if I'm not mistaken.

the pump is more comparable to Tunze than Vortech. It does not even look like Vortech.

But the Chinese company is using the misleading names as a way to promote its product.
MP-40 WP-40

I have 2 of these units, they work like a bomb.. Sold my MP40's and bought these in the interim thinking of buying Tunze components as they become available 2nd hand. IMHO i dont see the need to change. These pumps are more than capable for my appliation.

@RiaanP u are right. Complete tunze knock off. Was commenting with regard to the thread. The only complaint with these pumps are the photocell. Which tends to give in. I wonder if our lfs stock extras. I guess it's more a budget thing than anything else. And exciting for people who would want wave simulation for their reefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha! Speed read.. Or spend the cash. Maybe burn your fingers or maybe a good purchase. I'll risk it. Haha

lol, I'm going to buy one soon, but I want the smaller one, the WP-25.

lol, I'm going to buy one soon, but I want the smaller one, the WP-25.

I have the wp-25 in my boyu tl550. If your tank is as small as mine then you should get the adjustable power supply as well, even with the new controller it is very powerful. Would be perfect for a 4ft tank

Last edited:
I have the wp-25 in my boyu tl550. If your tank is as small as mine then you should get the adjustable power supply as well, even with the new controller it is very powerful. Would be perfect for a 4ft tank
Thank you for the info :thumbup:. I am wanting it for my 4ft.

From the speed reading I done, the 2 faults or issues that seems to pop up is the light controller, and noise.

Do not put the light sensor too close to your lights. High light output damages it.

Vibration noise, different possible reasons, some seems to break in and after a while it is less noisy. Other seems to be the magnet and alignment.

For price, it is a "good" pump. Very affordable, and even if it last only 6 months, at around 70 UK pounds it is a very cheap purchase compared to Vortech MP40.

I'm also feeling the smaller pump.. Just in terms of direction and stuff. Does anyone know when it will arrive in sa?

Back
Top Bottom