Chiller help

Discussion in 'New Members' started by kunzp0, 3 Nov 2010.

1. kunzp0

kunzp0

Good evening,

I am a brand new user of a Red Sea Max 130D which i have been running for nearly 3 weeks. Luckily being in the pet industry i have received lots of help from a pro in a marine shop.

Unfortunatly the last week i have noticed my water temp rising to nearly 30 degrees and i was told to get a chiller.

Not being a cheap skate i couldn't afford the R7k monster they wanted to sell me and through on of my suppliers i bought a Boyu L200 which can look after tanks from 80L - 400L as i know for a fact that i will soon need to expand my tank to a bigger thank.

With that said.. the instructions are horrible and i want to know the following. Do i require some sort of pump to push and pull the water from the chiller or will the chiller have the capability to suck and spit by itself...

Need help please

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Drk

Drk

Welcome to MASA

You need a pump to push the water through the chiller 1000lt ph. Your inlet pipe and outlet pipe mustn't be in the same chamber. Set chiller to 25-26 degrees

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

welcome

yes you will need a pump to circulate water from the tank/sump to the chiller and back, be careful not to choose a pump too strong or the water wont have enough time to be cooled suffieciently a pump of between 800lt - 1000lt should work.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2010
Recent Posts