Cheato Algae

Me too, but looking for someone in CT, pls pm, and sorry to hijack

I'm in Centurion, can help you out.

And you do not buy Cheato. You need to trim it at times, break off a part and chuck it away (or give it away). How can a reefer charge somebody for something he want to dump in the dustbin?

You cannot let cheato keep on growing without ever trimming it down. You use it for nutrient export, how do you do that, by removing pieces. Anyway it will only grow to a certain maximum size, then it will start to out compete itself for available nutrients. Parts will die off. Basically it happen with my Caulerpa.

Hi peeps,
Just another quick question, when should one add cheato to the refuge, I'm just starting to cycle, so i guess nutrients very low, it it too early ???

Hi peeps, Just another quick question, when should one add cheato to the refuge, I'm just starting to cycle, so i guess nutrients very low, it it too early ???
yip
Depends on how bad state your life rock is in. A lot of dead things, maybe can be good. But It would struggle and die off towards the end of your cycle. so I would only add Cheato after I started stocking fish.

Back
Top Bottom