Channel 261 Earth Report 2008

Sorry guys, yes it was on now, and quite an eye opener. Makes a person think, especially when they show the Countries doing nothin and the ones that does try and do something about Global Warming, Fish Stock in our oceans, and Deforestation.....

Eish, hope my lighties can enjoy earth in 30 years from now....

Jacques, true what you say, but when last did you see people unite for something they cannot make a profit off. We were all brought up with the mind think of: One for all and nothing for the rest". If you sit in a comfortable home, Aircon, nice car etc etc, why would you complain and why would you start using a bicycle to work, plant trees instead of thinking what type of development you can put up on the empty piece of land. We are of the thinking that " we worked hard for what we have and we deserve it- stuff the rest".

Maybe not all but surely the majority of us. Good example: "We all know about Energy lamps, but how many of us have still got Downlighters/Normal Globes/ spotlights outside, etc running in our homes????"

Or do we really turn lights off when we leave a room. Look to the Ceilings of some office Blocks, are all those Lights really necessary during daytime???

We all have a part to play in bringing Global Warming down, We do not really have to support a restaurant serving scarce fish species etc, but that is the way we live our lifes. Unfortunately/Fortunately it'll have to change

i think it is about time that these issues gets discussed more openly and not only shown on a channel that does not get shown in every household all over the world. But they'll show reality programs as to what and how celebrities live and do in their homes.

great,i missed another good programme.
you know,at times we laugh at the so called 'Tree huggers' but if you sit back and think about it,these people are right in everything they say.

Sean - you 100% correct. Unfortunately it seems that MOST government people working in government offices, as well as other corporate offices (especially those I see in Cape Town CBD) are hypocrites.

As the lights are all on in the evenings in Cape Town cbd, in 90% of the buildings.

And quite a few restaurants that we have been to in the past 6 months or so, have not done a THING about getting energy saver globes installed.

At least I can say with a good feeling - except for my marine aquarium, all my lights in and around the house are all energy savers. I have been using ONLY energy savers since we lived in The Netherlands.....

Unfortunately, we are renting a house that has built-in 12 volt halogen downlighters.
We cannot get 100% away from using this, but, minimize the usage to absolutely minimum!

And, I do indeed switch off lights constantly.... :)

Was not aimed at you Jacques, merely stating a fact in General, I know you switch the lights off if you leave the room....:p

Hey - I am EXTREMELY GREEN at heart! ;-)

BUT - I agree full-heartedly with your statement. I just wish we could all people to "feel more" for the environment, and our mother earth...

Back
Top Bottom