Changes to selling on the forum

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
In order to keep up with the current trends on the forum we have implemented a new Classifieds section to the forum in order to separate the sales from the general reefkeeping discussion threads.

You can access the new system by clicking on the "Classifieds" link in the top menu.

When clicking on the Create Thread button in the Livestock or Hardware forum you will now be forwarded to the classifieds section to create your ad, instead of creating a normal thread.

Once your listing has been created it will automatically create a discussion thread for any questions or discussions.

Please ensure you are familiar with the website Terms and Conditions for buying and selling - https://www.marineaquariumsa.com/help/for-sale-rules/

New threads for ads will no longer show up when clicking the "What's new" link, you must click on the "Classifieds" link to see new ads. (this will be implemented in a couple of weeks time to allow all current sales threads to finish up).

Reaction score
If it's alright to leave a suggestion/observation here, I have noticed a few people add multiple items to a listing with the prices in the comments or even on the photos, some also want others to make an offer on their item so they leave the price section blank, this seems to mark the advert as "free" and may cause confusion to some (ie: how I noticed it last night :m23::m85::m23:) . Is there any way to add in a "multi-listing" option or something similar for these cases?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Noted, I will see if there's a way to fix that tomorrow. Thanks.

Top Bottom