Changed my aquascaping - what u think?

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
DSC00488.gif

how stable are the rocks, and the pin cushion may over grow the other corals but not any time soon

very nice looks a little empty

how stable are the rocks, and the pin cushion may over grow the other corals but not any time soon

They're only stacked, but I made sure that they're solid on top each other. The big one where the pincusion is on, is supported with rock at the back as well. Can't get it over my heart to drill through the rocks to use pipes or something. They got too much live on it.

as long as its stable, my rocks are also just wedged into place. to much work to drill rocks!:p

Looks good, just be careful of the hammer, it looks very close to the other corals.

What is "the hammer" - not too clued up on some corals yet...:p

I like it :thumbup:

What is "the hammer" - not too clued up on some corals yet...:p
Hi Tobes - the coral at the bottom left of the pcture - the coral with the "green/yellow glowing tips".....

Hi Tobes - the coral at the bottom left of the pcture - the coral with the "green/yellow glowing tips".....

I was told it is frogspawn, think I got a bigger pick - will post now.
Is it dangerous?

awesome man, love the cave!!! :thumbup:

I was told it is frogspawn, think I got a bigger pick - will post now.
Is it dangerous?

Hi Tobes - it is indeed a hammer - the shape of the tentacle end looks like "thor's hammer" ;-) (ending in a "t-piece" shape).

They are not "dangerous" as such - BUT they can give any other coral a "nasty sting". Possibly killing a part of the other coral. My torch-coral's tentacles stretches out nearly 8cm long, to "sting" a neighbouring coral. I had to move the corals away as well....

Another thing - this just goes to show the "inappropriate information" that people are sometimes given at some "shops".....
Even though the care of the frog-spawn/torch-/hammer-coral are all the same (mostly) - it could just as well have been quite different, and different care should be given....

Here we go

DSC00422.gif

So this is a hammer?

No Tobes - you are 100% correct - this is frog-spawn..... One the other pic it definitely looked like a hammer-coral. BUT, the same warning still applies. The corals are all very similar in nature....

You can see why it is called frog-spawn, hey? Looks like a LOT of frogs eggs clustered together......

Thanks for info - will keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom