Change of Mind( Was going to convert)

Al

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I decided against converting my Tropical tank to Marine. Instead im going to buy a new Boyu TL 550 Marine tank:thumbup: . I have read quite a few threads here. Sounds like a nice tank to have. Im really looking forward at trying my hand with marine fish :) .

How many Fish can you keep in a tank 130L tank?

</IMG></IMG>

Depending on size... Each person has a slightly different perspective. Rather get a larger tank if you want tons of livestock.

Else buy the tank and post a "stocking list" and the members here will be able to advise you further ;)

Hi Al - this also depends on whether you are going to get a skimmer as well.

The basic rule is 1 inch of fish for every 4 gallons of water (so, 2.5cm of fish per 4.5 litres of water)....

Now - this means that you can only get like a maximum of 2 or 3 medium sized fish, or perhaps 4 to 6 small sized fish..... this would increase SLIGHTLY if you add a hang-on skimmer....

Just also remember that you cannot add very active fish (like some damsels, any tangs or surgeons), neither fish that requires a LOT of pods to survive (like most butterfly fish, manderins, etc....) at this stage either....

You should look at clown-fish, blenny's, gobies, some of the smallest pygmy angels, chromis, etc...

Good luck mate!

Thanks Guy's.

The Tank comes with a built in Skimmer. So i will probably looking at about 6-7 smaller fish in the tank. :thumbup: I will probably get my tank this afternoon or tomorrow and then start to Cycle the tank.

Any advice with Seachem Stability to cycle the tank?
</IMG>

Al: I think even though the BOYU is 130L, its footprint isn't that big (because it's a cube), so even though the water vol is cool for maybe 5-6 small fish they don't have many places to go, this means you should stay away from territorial aggressive fish as the other tankmates will struggle to get away...

Hi Al and welcome. The 550 is a cool tank, check my thread for answers, also look at matt165's, he has done loads.

Welcome!!

Ahoy Al!!

Welcome to MASA and the Nano clan!! Ha ha.. I've also got a Boyu TL550 but you gotta give it loads of love all the time. If i had more space I would've gone for a much bigger setup. Anyways, enjoy and post some pics of your tank. Where did you buy it??

Hi Jaak!

I also would have gone for a bigger one if i had space. Bought it at SAM's.

You can check out some of my pictures, Thread name "My first Saltwater Tank"

same here TL-550 into my 4th week of cycle, also bought at SAM's !!!

Hi Jaak!

I also would have gone for a bigger one if i had space. Bought it at SAM's.

You can check out some of my pictures, Thread name "My first Saltwater Tank"

Happy Times Al!!

Dude, If you can you should try to get to Panorama Petshop in Parow as they sell all the same equipment for a whole lot less than most LFS's. You can check pics of mine on my thread "The Long Road...:

Hi Sammy!

Im in my 3rd week of cycling:) . do you have any fish?

Thanks Jaak!mustmake aplan to go there.

I have the same tank - they're great. Rather understock at first, until you have a feel for the nitrate buildup rate. 4-5 small fish is a good start, as has been stated already. Jacques' list is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom