Chaetomorpha

Reaction score
Can I use Chaetomorpha the same way as filter floss is used ?

Being biological, will it become a Nitrate factory ?

why would you want to do that?

don't think it would work anyway unless it compacted in a area, but then it'll probably die then.

I got mine "spinning" slowly in my refugium with a 6500k light on a reverse timer to the DT. It grows from nutrients(nitrates) in your water and the light. I would not use it that way. :)

I have the lights and nutrients. What I am thinking is subdividing the DSB section of my sump and compacting the chaeto, so it collects actual particles out the water.

Think the chaeto will die from the compacting ?

Not too sure, but you wouldn't like it if someone squeezed the hell out of you and poured shit all over you all day long :whistling: :whistling:

o.k this is what i'm doing:

i got cheato on my dsb in 3de chamber
second chamber after skimmer is a open chamber( i placed a ball of cheato in it 2 months ago and it grew the whole chamber full, it collects all the particles and is a nice breeding place for pods, and my bristel worms has trippled since then)

you just need to turn the cheato once a week, so that the bottom will get some light.

i will do it if i were you:thumbup:

warr u thinking of subs tanks from the other night?

i have a pic opf his engine room and will ask if he doesnt mind me posting it (when i get to downloading it) as it was very impressive to see the way he used macro algae as a biological filter

warr u thinking of subs tanks from the other night?

i have a pic opf his engine room and will ask if he doesnt mind me posting it (when i get to downloading it) as it was very impressive to see the way he used macro algae as a biological filter

That's the one, that was very impressive, but it was Caulepra

Can I use Chaetomorpha the same way as filter floss is used ?

Being biological, will it become a Nitrate factory ?
very similar way i did.allowed the chaeto to take over the fuge area in my sump in my old system.this way every bit of water passing through the sump was being filtered by the Chaeto.and i personally feel thats what killed my hair algea

Back
Top Bottom