Chaeto Needed - East Rand

Discussion in 'Biological/Natural Filtration and Deep Sand Beds' started by PeterL, 4 Apr 2010.

1. PeterL

PeterL

I am looking to get my hands on some chaeto for my refugium ASAP, I am getting tired of being sold either infected junk or ripped off by dead junk, the local pet shops on the east rand :)thumbdown:) need to get their act together because it is making this hobby very difficult to maintain. No matter about them - different time, different place maybe.

Does anyone have some "healthy" chaeto they would be willing to assit me with - paying isn't the problem I have, it is simply getting a trustworthy supply.:please:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hey there Buddy - There should be plenty of reefers that would be able to give you cheato for free... anyone who wants to sell you the stuff should have their head read!Are you far from Linksfield?

4. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

When you are talking about Gauteng, everything and everyone is far so travelling is just become a way of life, based on that - no, Linksfield is close to Boksburg...

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

Let me see if I can catch my dad before he leaves in the morning - I'll try and send you some ... Just have to ask the friend he is going with to see if its OK to travel with - you know some people - very fussy about their cars.... If it coming will inform you ASAP and PM you his cell number .... My uncle lives behind the Linksfield Golf Course ... Lets see first if I can send it ....

6. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

Well now, that would be just awesome:thumbup: Thank you
    I will keep an eye out for the PM, let me know either way so that I know.

On the topic of "stuff" in a refugium, besides chaeto, what else is added - usually?

7. chikaboo

chikaboo

Sorry was busy packing the cheato's holiday bags - all done - there's a 1 ltr yogurt container and a few dwarf hermits and a handfull of my DSB to add to your DSB sand - I know I've got bazillions of microscopic life in mine so hopefully they can breed and give you a nice diverse live sand ... will try and hear in the morning what time they leaving and catch them ... will keep you informed... sorry ... all kinds of Algae .... you can even put in some egg crate stand and have a few pieces of Live roce suspended over the DSB just dont create dead spots on the dsb itself - BTW plz pm me your cell number will give it to my dad just in case ....
    A quick update ..... your "yogurt" has left the building! 7:00

Last edited: 4 Apr 2010
  8. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

I have been in contact and they are about an hour or so away...
    I have never been this enthusiastic for "yougurt" before :biggrin:

I hope the chaeto and friends have been enjoying their road trip and will certainly have a pleasant stay with me, immigrating isn't always easy but it can be assured to be in good hands...lol

9. PeterL

PeterL Thread Starter

The "eagle has langed", about to tear into theis bag to see what is lurking benieth the lid of the tub...

Many many thanks

Recent Posts