Chaeto - How to make it thrive

Reaction score
Hi, I have a DSB with my ball of chaeto lying on top, lighting consists of 6,400 rated engery saver .. this is on reverse lighting with display, however mine struggle to grow .. end up dull and brittle ... any idea what I can do to correct this (Viper is kind enough to donate some to me so I want to solve before it arrives) .. oh yes, system 4 mths old ... thanks

Maybe you do not have excess nutrients in your system for your Chaeto to thrive. I was told that if Chaeto does not grow it is a good thing

yip what Mr.Koekemoer said

dilute some of your skimmate in a separate comtainer and put the chaeto in it for a while maybe a week )wwith lighting of course, rinse it in clean salt water and put it back in sump.

this is just me talking rubbish but it sounded like a good idea at the time, cos im gonna try it today to see if i can get my cheato ball to double up in size

hi guys, must chaeto have light to live/grow ? I want to put it in a chamber of my boyu but does not have light ???

Hi Sammy - chaetomorpha is a plant. And like any other plant it requires light to live....
Matt has added a small light above one chamber in his nano - ask him exactly what he did to supply light for his chaetomorpha....

Back
Top Bottom