Career Crossroad

Reaction score
Hey crew,

I have come to the point in my current career where I feel i can no longer carry on in my current position.

I have been working in this job (Area Manager for a security company) for the past 3 years after being promoted from the Western Cape. However, I have a) reiched a glass ceiling where I can go no further for the next 5 yrs, and b) I am in such a position that I cannot carry on in this job and would rather just resign. I have no more time for my family - only 1 water change in the past 2 months, where it was always weekly - no time for weekends, I can't even remember when last I was on leave...

What would you guys suggest? I am currently looking hard for another job, so if there's any of you that knows of something, specially security since that's what I'm good at, please let me know. If I carry on like this I'm gonna loose it and drown myself in my tank... (Sleep with da fishes) :1:

Please guys, any jobs will be considered, specially in EL area...

Well if you decide to drown yourself, post me your DIY skimmer first :D

damn that will work, good luck reaper

OK, just a quick update - I've started my Photography (just local for now - doing a creche next week and later the month again - hopefully a function in Dec also).

I have also spotted a gap in the area I'm in to do some cabbinet making, 1st job already lined up (making more in a week with this job than I've made in a month at regular job), and seeing Hill tomorrow to quote him for a tank cabbinet.

So things are looking better - looking for a less stressful and less time consuming job still to keep the money coming in, and as soon as business pics up, I'M ON MY OWN!

WOW! You guys are lucky! Well done Reaper for being able to go on your own... I wish I could!
With all my expenses it would be a difficult thing to do....

Good luck with the future!

Hey dude will you be able to make it in the morning. Approx time? Have something on at 14h00.

Sounds cool. Do you have any pics of your work?

Hi Reaper - good show on moving on and changing your career! I would just have LOVED to do something like this.... BUT, for me it a HUGE decision (debts, you know ;-) to do something like this.... Good luck!

OK, here's where I currently stand.

It's been a while since I had time to post anything on the forum, but that's due to some hard efforts in my ventures.

I have gotten some carpentry jobs keeping me busy (Hill, I have not forgotten about you dude, just consentrating on a big client now who's bringing in the money with more work to follow).

I also have lined up some photo shoots for a local creche and a corporate function for the end of the month, and there's an opening at one of our leading photography studios for a photograper, so I just sent my CV there too. Hopefully this will help me in getting my foot properly in the door.

Wish me luck guys, I'm gonna need it.

Good luck Daniel, here's hoping it works out for ya.

Back
Top Bottom