Cape town scorcher

i hit 31 in jhb yesterday, but managed to get it down to 29 today.

Gonna order my fans tomorrow

get you pc fans dude. thanks to puppy my tanks temp was stable today but lost alot of water(evaporation). thanks again puppy for the hang on fan

Good grieve...
Mine was 29.2(with chiller) yesterday...
Added a fan to blow on the tank - the water is 26.8 today....
So I think i need more and perm fans on my tank...
But i first want that auto top-up before adding more fans...

i was at Panorama today buying some stuff for my FW tank when i guy came in a bought a 1/2HP Hailia chiller :p

How are your tangs doing? At high temperatures. I try not to touch 29 as i dont want my tangs to suffer, with there increased 02 requirements. In fact, i make it a rule to not buy surgeons in summer? And i must say, the tangs that i buy in winter have lower mortality rates?

get you pc fans dude. thanks to puppy my tanks temp was stable today but lost alot of water(evaporation). thanks again puppy for the hang on fan

Never heard of a hang on fan. Got pics? Maybe i should get these too, instead of the ones i was going to buy.

Well, I am not in Cape town, but for interest, It rained heavily this morning at 04 O'Clock, stopped raining at 06 o'clock this morning and then the sun came out. Temperature was at 33 degrees at 11h30 this morning (last time I checked) and you still need to add discomfort of 09 degrees, so yes, we were running in the 40's by the afternoon. When I got home from fishing, the chiller was running non stop

will post pic tomorrow. you can google it in the mean time. its called a tsurumi cooling system. model t230

My Nano only reached 27 today as my house is pretty cool in summer.

i think im rather just gonna invest in an aircon before i start my new tank. its the same price as a chiller :whistling:

i think im rather just gonna invest in an aircon before i start my new tank. its the same price as a chiller :whistling:

But does not work as well...

My temps are similar to Sean and my tank stays a cool 25 degrees thanks to mt 1 HP chiller....

my house is extremely hot. trying to kill two birds with one stone. ill add the chiller l8a if its a must

Gonna be a very hot summer this year, be ready for it.

26F this morning. Think I'll come visit my bro in Swaziland and warm up! I HATE WINTER!!

will post pic tomorrow. you can google it in the mean time. its called a tsurumi cooling system. model t230
I can't find anything on the net? I'm very interested in this...

Under your noses...

Sourced from a Malaysian aquaristic design company , Chinese manufactured.

:biggrin:South African Importer:biggrin:

I can't find anything on the net? I'm very interested in this...

Tsurumi cooling system from AQuality.

remote switch, 230 VAC, Flexible bracket-mount

SUMMER aim at water surface
WINTER aim at lights

Decide angle, acc to temperature.

1 unit ~ 200L tank
(in tropical Malaysia, OR kzn):lol:

More efficient than most twinfan aquarium units.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the dimensions of that fan? I cant see anything on the website. Wanna make sure i have space for it.

Back
Top Bottom