Cape Town Club???

Reaction score
Hi guys, going through the forums I see that almost all areas have a club or something going. can you believe it - Even the Free state has one ( I know there is not a lot to do there, but ,,,,,, regular meetings?)

Where is the presence of the Cape Townians?????? Shame on you - I really do not want to move to the free state, unless Hennie (Reef Maniac) wants to give me his tank.

One of the main things I have against the Free State is that it is soooo far from the ocean. My wife, my siter in law as well as her husband are ex kovsies. they are not that bad. actually they are really great.

we do have a few Capetonians onboard.probably all asleep now lol

Hey I'm not asleep :p But then I won't be a capetonian much longer...

Asleep, no ways..

only waking up now

Wee-Man, provide the funds and we'll come over and help you start one. Hows that for an idea?

Wee-Man, now I really feels miserable. How can you do that to a fellow human being? Not nice.

Ha Ha Ha!

Hi Sanders - As Henk says - there used to ba a club - when we were all belonging to another forum.... I don't think anyone in Cape Town has taken "ownership" of a club here in CT.... Yet.... Any takers??? No-one would like to see my tank - as it just mighty spark uncontrollable laughter - which might caused someone to drown in the pool ;-)

Jaques I do not believe that it will be that bad, like they say anything is better than nothing (not that I believe it) and I do not believe that yours is nothing. Is there pics somewhere?

It's ok, drink a cupful of skimmate and you qualify...

OK, guys.. I must admit when I saw this thread and just thinkng about how passionate we are about the hobby, It was decided to bring this issue up and discuss it further seing as it was stagnent for a while..

Personally I feel that there should be a CTRC and although I run a business and have a kid I hopefully spend enough time on this forum to know everyone well enough to put my hand up !! If anything for now it is just to meet fellow reefers, have a chat about our tanks. So today a few of us who are interested got together at the 2 Oceans Aquarium to chat reefs, swop a few frags and to discuss the CTRC and it's way forward.

Some positive feedback was the option of a CTRC clubhouse which we are hoping to be inspecting within the next 2 weeks or so, we are also looking for a permanent meeting place where we can meet once a month with special events thrown in like frag swop and frag sell and fundraising evenings, some more positive feedback includes a better controlled CTRC with more organisation.

I would like to include that when it comes to the CTRC there is little to do with the forums like MASA / SARK / RC / WWM, there is just a CTRC where we all get together and chat about a hobby that has our better halves complaining, a lighter wallet and our spare time non existant, broken backs from those water changes and tears from nidi's eating our montys. I hope this is respected.

I will be posting the next proposed date and venue for the next meeting as well as membership details etc.. we have some fantastic ideas already in the pot which we are working on but not nearly enough so anyone with suggestions can PM me at any time.

We will just like the gautingillingers open the forum up to suggestions for a logo so watch this space.

Muz

Back
Top Bottom