Cape Coral Care

Reaction score
I have been dosing Cape Coral Care Products for over a year now. The results have been satisfactory especially calcium levels which is the only one I realy test. However, the usage instrucutions suggest a once a week regime, which I am seriously starting to question given my readings across this forum over the last few weeks.

I would like to switch to more frequent dosing (i.e. Every day). I can do the maths, but i was wondering if the reduced dosing levels per day would not work. I'm no biochemist but would the reduced amounts i intend dosing per day not just be too little to affect the applicable levels in the system:whistling:.

I ask becaue my next intended investment is going to be an aquamdics 4 station dosing pump system.

Excuse the fuzzy pic
1392496fae5ef2d4e.jpg

Reaction score
no i think it will be adequate. because instead of a huge spike you are doing smaller ones. you may have to just figure out what is good for one day that is all. i think you will be fine:)

Reaction score
Yeah, but once it is up and running you never worry about Ca again.

Clams and SPS become alot easier to keep

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Amalick - is you calcium usage THAT high in your tank? Strange.... I have about 23 corals in my tank (I know - not a lot at ALL), and my calcium usage is in the region of 30 to 50 units per week.... which is what I replace per week...
BUT, I use calcium hydroxide to replace my calcium with (slaked lime)...... I dose twice per week.... about 30 grams.....
This is in my 2 metre tank (+-870 litres of water)....