Cant wait!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Stavros, 22 May 2010.

1. Stavros

Stavros

Ok at first i had to begg.... my father for a reef tank. So eventually, he bought me a 15 gallon reef tank, and seeing how good it is looking right now ( Thanks to u guys!) he told me that if i keep this up we will invest in a 100-120 gallon TANK!!!:slayer::slayer::slayer:
    for the living room!!! So now i have to study every site,book ect to realy make this dream go far. BUt i first have to prove to him that i can keep this 15g alive and then we will look to get it early next year!:thumbup:

So be prepared, for when i come barging in with a ***** load of questions!

I just want to know how much do u guys think it will cost? im thinking of a reef tank with corals ect
    + a generator for power cuts ( a small one to just power the heater and a power head)

Cheers!:yeahdude:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ghaydeen

Ghaydeen

Hi and welcome to MASA, good luck and have lots of patience ...

4. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

welcometomasa
    Please listen to people when they tell you not to rush & to have patience!!!!!!!!

5. Trev

Trev

Hey dude that sounds awsome congrats, so how long has the 15 gallon tank beinng running?

Trev

6. Annoying

Annoying

Hey and welcome to MASA! HAHA I know the feeling of begging to get something from your parents:lol:. Just make sure your 15g fits the standard and there you go. You can also go with the " My tank is to small and the parametres can't be stable,but in a big tank it would;)" excuse.

7. Stavros

Stavros Thread Starter

@ Trev The 15 gallon has been running for about 2-3 weeks and is doing great, all the water paraments are all coming right :thumbup:

I just did mesuments of where we wanted to put the tank ( under the stairs) and i now finally come to a total round about 120-130 gallon reef! its about 155x70x60 (LxBxH) BUt under the stairs it slopes down, if u know what i mean... so do u guys know of eny people that will customly build our reef tank ? or who will make the right size cabinit for us? when we buy the tank ( i live in Centurion- Irene)

And what will the final costs roughly be? (including tank,skimmers,lights,LR,corals ect)
    + with that size tank what will it cost per month ( roughly ) eg calcium, ro , kalkwasser ect
    Must i first start with a FOWLR then go to a reef tank? i need your advise:1:

Dont worry ill add one fish every 2-3 weeks so ill take it very slow,

All this will be happening in about 9-12 months ( if we get some much needed cash) :lol:

better start saving up to lessen the load!:) ( lawn mower here i come!)

8. Annoying

Annoying

Haha sounds like you have job and a half! It's hard to give you a precise price of what the price for everything will be. I know Idol marine does custom tanks and maybe they can help with the slope in the tank. Just send them a pm(go to the sponsors part of the forum, there you will get idol marine). You can also cut the tank costs bu allot if you buy secondhand equipment. Just keep an eye on the for sale part of the forum and any other place. The best would be to begin with a reef as adding everything after the FOWLR is going to be a mission. The costs will aslo depend on what type of reef you want.

Recent Posts