Canon Camera Lens

Reaction score
Guys, please help- and yes, this is all Hennie's fault :p. I am looking for a better lens, and found one in Boksburg. The problem is, I need to pay the lady, but do not know her. Is there anyone (trustworthy:whistling:) that can pick up the lens for me and send it down to me. Obviously, once the lens is in your posession, I'll do the eft.

Any one????

Btw, this is what I am going to buy:

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM

A new agility and creativity in telephoto zoom lenses. The world's first camera zoom lens with a DO element: A triumph of precision optics delivers compact size, low weight and ultimate image quality.

Features
  • 3 layer DO element
  • 9.99 cm
  • Ultimate image quality
  • Image Stabilizer
  • Quiet, high speed AF
  • Full time manual focus
  • Circular diaphragm for pleasing background blur
  • Zoom ring lock
  • E-TTL II distance metering
  • Lens coatings optimised for digital camera use
With its multi-layer diffractive optical (DO) element, Image Stabilization (IS) and Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM) technologies, the EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM is a celebration of precision optics. The lens sets new standards in compact size and high image quality. IS technology allows razor sharp images at lower shutter speeds, while rear focusing USM delivers fast, silent auto focus.
The DO factor
The EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM is the world's only zoom lens to incorporate a DO element. Introduction of a new triple-layered DO element not only makes the lens more nimble, it delivers unrivalled imaging performance. The DO element is combined with normal refraction elements to compensate for colour aberration. This achieves levels of colour aberration correction that could previously only be achieved with the use of fluorite elements or Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) lenses. The result: superb image quality in an exceptionally small package.
Image Stabilizer
Canon's renowned Image Stabilizer (IS) technology compensates for approximately three stops without perceptible increase in image blur. This increases vastly the range of circumstances in which hand-held photography is possible, limiting the need to carry a tripod. Major movement in a particular direction is automatically detected as conscious panning. Correction is halted in the relevant direction, thereby preventing shake-return.
Ultra Sonic Motor
The ring-type USM delivers high-speed, high-precision, super efficient and virtually noiseless auto focusing, with good holding torque for rapid response, accurate stopping. Use of USM also allows full-time manual override without damage to the autofocus mechanism.
Attractive defocusing
Aperture is controlled with an EMD (electromagnetic diaphragm) for fast, quiet, highly precise control and the lens incorporates a circular aperture diaphragm for pleasing background blur.
Working with EOS
The drive pattern of the lens is tailored to specifically match that of the latest EOS range, extracting maximum benefit from the lens’ speed advantage. Distance information offers higher precision focus-linked E-TTL II flash photography metering.
In harmony with the environment
In keeping with Canon’s stringent environmental policy, only lead free glass is used in the lens’ optics.

Btw, this is what I am going to buy:

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM

Damn, Sean - that is a really fine lens... I'm envious.

I'll tell you what - You pay for the lens, I will pick it up, AND KEEP IT :whistling: how's that for a deal...

Seriously, If no one closer can help you, I might be able to pick it up for you, but unfortunately only next week Wednesday (pay weekend this weekend, and we have Monday off...). I'm going back to Bloem on Thursday for a meeting, and will be in Cape Town on Friday, so it will just have to be Wednesday... Let me know if you don't come right.

Hennie

Sean, Clinton - Sean - not Shaun ;)

Sean - awesome lens man! Congrats! I too am green with envy. BUT, I do have something "different" up my sleeve. I must just get used to using it?

It rimes with 300mm ;) LOL!

Can help you out next week maybe. Going to be in CT this weekend.

Damn, Sean - that is a really fine lens... (pay weekend this weekend, and we have Monday off...)

Hennie
Thanks Hennie. Also pay weekend this weekend, but unfortunately having to hand over a building on Friday, so I doubt there'll be any sleep on Friday or Saturday- gonna be a Photo Finish- Aint pressure great...LoL

It rimes with 300mm ;) LOL!

LoL Jacques, I am definitely letting my existing 300mm go. Let me know if anyone is interested

oops my bad..sorry Sean:p

No problems dude :thumbup:

Can help you out next week maybe. Going to be in CT this weekend.

Thanks Rory. I am actually going out on faith here. Have spoken to the lady again, and she will contact a courier company in the morning, to send it. If she does not send it, I'll make use of your Bounty Hunter Skills:whistling:

lovely lense sean:) i hope you get it, i would pick it up for you, but i'll only be there for the 2010, can u hold out that long? :)

Sean - check out my tank's thread...... I got a converter from Viper - to use my old analog Pentax 55x SLR's 100mm to 300mm zoom lens on my Nikon 40D DSLR.....

I am still practicing with the new lens - it is not as easy, as the focusing is in reverse, and the focusing window (for clear focus) is VERY small, for each zoom setting.....

The pics are not perfect - but, at least looks good - I think. Some pics are still somewhat out of focus, and I know that the tank's glass is dirty....

But, let me know what you think of the pics?

JacquesB's 2 meter reef tank - Page 58 - Large Tanks

LoL Hennie, been wanting to get another lens for ages, and when I took the tank down, did not have much interest in another lens any more...... And then you came along, and sparked the interest again- which I am thankful, as I got the lens I originally wanted at a very good price.... So thank you

Jacques, I had a look, and it does look good- as I have said on your thread earlier, I just think it will be quite confusing when getting used to the lens, and then getting another "normal" lens again. Pity my Sigma 300mm lens is for Canon- otherwise you could have used it- unless you can find some sort of converter;)

...And then you came along, and sparked the interest again

Ja Swaer... we must definitely not let our wives meet :whistling:

You mentioned a good second-hand 180mm macro lens - would you mind sending me a PM with the details and price. I'm planning on buying that Canon 100mm macro on Monday, but if this lens is worth it perhaps I will change my mind...

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom