Candy Cane Coral - is it OK?

Reaction score
I have this Coral, it doesn't seem to "blow out" any more than this. Other pics and info I have investigated sugests that it should be doing better than this - it has been like this for about 2 weeks. What special care should I be giving it to ensure it does well?

29104bb21c4e7dd47.jpg

you might want to put that up on the rocks... and target feed it

Zombie Clam long has your system been running can you give us you params on the tank and like the others have suggested lift it higher up and no direct flow also what lighting do you have

tagging along, to target feed wait until lights are off in evening and give polyps chance to extend, and put defrosted frozen brine shrimps in syringe to squirt little in each face

Thanks Mandarinman, I am rather going to give a skip on the iodine situation until I have a better understanding and knowledge of ther more important aspects of mairine tanks and the ongoing around them. I am still learning to get things right with the tanks and if I go past go, don't collect $200 and go straight into the other aspects of coral care and so on, all I am going to get is a world of trouble in my tank by lack of understanding and knowledge. I am busy resting my tank from thowing it in a washing machine of livestock and filtration setups, big newbie mistake on my part but recovery from that is taking place - I simply can't afford to get in too deep into things right away, baby steps need to happen before I just run with this lot. As a newbie, the is an information overload and before long, it starts becoming mind blowing and one can't keep up with all the new info.

Your feedback and links is however appreciated becasue I can then take the info and begin learning those aspects, when I feel I am ready to delve into that side of things then I can go for it, but for now, I am not ready by a long ways.

Back
Top Bottom