can you get any corals from cape town rock pools

Reaction score
hi i'll be going to cape aughulus (during december) and wanted to know whether you can get any fish and corals from those beaches or rockpools. please assists me on how to collect the fishes or corals and whether you need a permit thanks everybody.:thumbup:

Reaction score
lol @ henk!!:lol:
Unless you want a "Weskus" tank then i don't think you'll be collecting anything here, sorry mate...

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
not much to collect for a tropical tank if it is permitted that you may collect (not sure) i know a few fish that wash down there with the season but that is dependant on the ocean currents etc etc.. lovley specimins down there for a cold water tank though..

Reaction score
as i said - it is a NATIONAL PARK... NO collections... not even on permit... unless you have an open permit like UCT/SUN/2OC/Ushaka...

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Henk tells me there are angels and even clowns in them waters in the warm months:)

459b

Reaction score
You kidding right?
you sometimes get tropical fish caught in warm bubbles of water down that coast. Ive never seen clowns and angels that far south, but have often seen damsels and surgeons as far south as knysna. Its rather sad to see, cause once the water cools down they die.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
you sometimes get tropical fish caught in warm bubbles of water down that coast. Ive never seen clowns and angels that far south, but have often seen damsels and surgeons as far south as knysna. Its rather sad to see, cause once the water cools down they die.
Yeah the common stuff I will expect. But Angels and clowns?

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh yes butterflies grand apologies, so Henk when last did you catch there :D:D:D

Reaction score
never... as i said... its a national park... i think i last collected anything from the sea like 10 years ago... for bait :p

Remeber - i know where you live and my finger has the magic :D

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
never... as i said... its a national park... i think i last collected anything from the sea like 10 years ago... for bait :p

Remeber - i know where you live and my finger has the magic :D

Hehe come on Henkie tell us, you can tell us we will keep your secret:whistling:

Reaction score
Come on Hnek, tell us!!!

Reaction score
I have NEVER seen any myself.... but i have been told of C. auriga, C. Marleyi and C. lunula in the rockpools there.... how true it is i dont know