Can these two corals co-exist

Reaction score
Hi just bought new mushrrom today. Placed it in front of a cauliflower. Quick queston can these two co-exist so close together.

13924932e878a8ce2.jpg

mushrooms and colt?

if i am correct in identifying the top coral.. yes they can given enough space and if placed correctly..

more info needed though

The mushies will probably kill the colt so close, or the colt will possilbly kill them when it "lies down" at night. Definately move them apart, then they will be fine together.

This applies to all corals pretty much, also remember to give them space to grow, and that they can kill each other by releasing toxins even if they aren't touching each other.

Your aquarium is pretty much a giant battlefield between corals as they fight for space and their spot in the sun. Do your best to keep the peace. Use lots of GAC.

bob is right and normally most corals will fight each other.

but with mushrooms and cauliflowers theres not much action....mine are touching for the last year and both are growing and expanding fine.(the polyps touch etc,even one on the cauliflowers base)

Running carbon is good practice when you have mushrooms though as they can be toxic to certain other corals.

What colour is the "cauliflower"? It doesn't look like a cauliflower coral to me, do you have a better picture perhaps? I could be wrong :p

Tried to take a better pic. My tank is getting rather full with hostile corals everywhere (hammers, galaxies, plate corals etc..) so if I could leave them so close that would be great. Not sure of shroom's need lots of flow - perhaps I could move them to one of the "dead" spots in the tank ?

139249342dd3a3985.jpg

That is definitely not a cauliflower coral, probably a colt as Leslie ad Bob said. Thanks for the pic ;)

Coral

HI

THIS IS A SINULARIA CORAL IT`S A SOFT CORAL:yeahdude:

:slayer:RUAN VAN BILJON:slayer:

A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA Amalick! Very glad that you have found MASA! Great to have you on-board! Thanks for joining!

Nice looking tank! Please post some more pics!?!??! Also of your sump! And how about a FTS?

Back
Top Bottom