Can i bring Additives back to South Africa

djmurray

Email me about anything
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls I am going to buy additives and chemicals here in England as they are cheap and very good quality. Now would I be allowed to bring it in my hold bag not hand luggage or will I have a problem?
Thanks
David

I think you would have a difficult experience trying to tell customs that the white powder is really Kalk.

Take lots of KY just in case...

But seriously, i wouldn't chance it. The additives in this country are cheap too, don't run the risk of a full cavity search just to save a couple of bucks.

As far as I know you're only allowed to take a max of 100ml of any liquid with you or something like that. Don't see the point of bringing in additives anyway...

DJ why buy overseas when we have a reliable source right here in SA? Have you tried the purereef sups?

customs will give you hard time with powdery substances.as for liquids.i dont see a problem as when i visit saudi arabia i bring down lotsa water from there,sometimes 20L.what they usually do is wrap it up and its all fine

As far as I know you're only allowed to take a max of 100ml of any liquid with you or something like that. Don't see the point of bringing in additives anyway...

Heard something like this as well. It's a recent thing. There are more specifications as to bringing in liquids. Something about the containers that it is in, but not sure.

100ml containers max in hand luggage, checked in luggage should not be a problem JUST PACK IT WELL. The customs guys will know what anything illegal looks like so you wont have a problem. I have brought SodiumTriPolyPhosphate in before for work(which is a white powder) Had no hassles.

But then as the guys say, stuff is cheap and decent in SA, also try Aquilibria

I think you would have a difficult experience trying to tell customs that the white powder is really Kalk.

But seriously, i wouldn't chance it. The additives in this country are cheap too, don't run the risk of a full cavity search just to save a couple of bucks.
LMAO :lol: :lol:

thing is that i really like some of the aditives over here and its buy one get one free LOL ya i know about the powder being abit of a problem but i wont be bringing it ''powder'' back with me...

Ya all 100ml and max of 1litter altogether

LOL nice buddy:)

Dude, really. You might have crap with customs, and you might not.

I really wouldn't want to have to explain to a 7ft2" guy that i am bringing marine additives in. Its not worth the hassle of explaining.

thats true but i doudt they will..Should i pack it hand ludage or in my big bag...?

Back
Top Bottom