Camera pics critics welcome

I don't think there's any monitor calibration, psychological or any other tricks involved here.

As most people saw the A pics are too blue etc. What autolevels does is that it will detect that the whole pic is a bit on the blue side and adjusts it accordingly. Autolevels sort of smooths out the colours so that each colour channel is spread out over the whole spectrum.

Sometimes however something is meant to be all blue. Auto levels works best on a pictures with a broad mixture of colours such as your tank. Try it on a pic where most of it is meant to be a certain colour. It will probably make it look "better" because the contrast is increased between colours but it wont always be a reflection of true colours.

yes i agree, thats what i said, it depends on a myriad of factors

Both photos were just opened in ms picture manager and I clicked "Auto Correct" which fiddles the levels, brightness and contrast.

4A
464IMG_3303.jpg

4B
990IMG_3303ac.jpg

5A
541IMG_3741.jpg

5B
293IMG_3741ac.jpg

See how one looks better than the original because the original looked very washed out. The second one is fairly accurate as to how stuff looks under actinic but auto correct screws it up completely.

Saw this trick on Brainiac ... look a A and B of each picturesthe fish have not moved..

Its amazing how much detail we miss when we are concentrating on someting else.
Well spotted, I didn't notice that at all.

Sims, you know you more than welcome to, if you answered your phone on Monday, you could have made some money out of me, I bought 04 new T5's, 05 new electronic Ballasts and a couple of pumps from the local (Expensive) Lfs as well as some test kits

Cool...I'll try make a turn tomorrow afternoon if you in...

Dude please send me an SMS next time...I often miss calls and you must nbe private number :) Then I can call back...next time pop into my office...everything is there ;)

Sean, firstly the tank is looking great, secondly, the "B" pics seem to have more colour to them. (but what the hell do i know):1:

Hello Sean,awesome tank.My choice would be 1a and 3b.Looks more natural.

Back
Top Bottom