Calling the tang police

Reaction score
Hiya,

Do you guys/gals think 5 yellow tangs in a 2.1m x 1m x .65m tang will be okay? They will share the tank with either a school of goldies or a school of chromis +- 10.

If the 5 yellow tangs will be okay, they will be the only tangs in the tank.

Other intended fishes are

1 x Green Manderin
1 x Fire goby
1 x Purple Fire goby
2 x False Percula clowns (Amphirion Occelaris)
1 x Six line Wrasse
2 x Pyjama cardinals or 2 x Banggais if I can get hold of them

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Cybervic i think it will be fine, might even be better than mixing a whole lot of different tangs. IMO it should be fine.

Reaction score
That will look awsome!!! I would also say mix them up a little, not for any technical reason, just looks better!!

Reaction score
That will look awsome!!! I would also say mix them up a little, not for any technical reason, just looks better!!

Hi, you say mix them up, could you elaborate a litte?

Thanks

Wikus

NS: I'm going to ask a wagonload of questions in the next 2 months before I order the tank ..... Since I now have the backing from ANGRY I can go big and I want this to be my best tank ever

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Would look really awesome.

Bit off topic but: I'm assuming the breadth is 1m? The added perception of that extra space front to back will be really cool. I love broad tanks.

Reaction score
Would look really awesome.

Bit off topic but: I'm assuming the breadth is 1m? The added perception of that extra space front to back will be really cool. I love broad tanks.
Yip your assumptions are right. I'm having a sliding door installed just to be able to get the tank inside the house :)

Reaction score
I love broad tanks.
I love tank broads..

Wikus, Carl has a combination of tangs in his tank and its looks awesome. He has

2 x yellows
2 x Regals
1 x Nasso
1 x P/Blue
1 x Sailfin.

There isn't any issues with all the tangs together. I agree 5 or more yellows would look stunning, but find out how many you need b4 they school.

I personally like the diversity of having various tangs.

Cheers

R

Reaction score
Will look really cool. Just something I heard a while back, but if you keep more than 1 yellow tang, they recon it should be 6 or more. For some reason it helps keep the peace. If there are fewer, one becomes more dominant and bullies the rest.
Nice size tank by the way, wish mine was that big:p

Reaction score
Nice one Neil - have you seen the YT's at STM or Heritage? awesome:thumbup:
I was actually looking for a pic of th heritage tank to post, but could not find one. They are cracking tanks, but much biger than most of us can afford:blushing: . O, and it helps whan you get the fish at cost too;)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I was actually looking for a pic of th heritage tank to post, but could not find one. They are cracking tanks, but much biger than most of us can afford:blushing: . O, and it helps whan you get the fish at cost too;)
The 20ft tank at the bakc of the shop, with 25+ YT's is the main reason i go there:)

As for STM:thumbup: an i live 20mins away:whistling:

Reaction score
Hehe, I must mention that I do get them at almost cost. I think R300 per tang is not too much to pay.

That clip is enough to make me commit suicide .... knowing I'll never have enough space and money to do that :(